You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Important keys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1128 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
I like em pretty fit, like the gal in my avatar, Vida Guerra. I bet she has perfect grammar and spelling when she types.
Yea right when was the last time you lusted after a girl for her " grammar and spelling "

Old 01-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Point well taken. It's usually the hind quarters that catch my eye. Ha ha. Education is important too. I prefer they don't communicate like they have lived on a beach their entire life or come from the worst "hood" in your town.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 7 Posts

Y'all are having fun with this; however, I think it's important. The liberal gun haters already consider us a bunch of illiterate neanderthal's - why play into their hands by not even forming a complete sentence with punctuation and capitalization?

You can ask the best, most intelligent question in the world and if you do it in a run on sentence with no punctuation or capitalization - very few folks will take you seriously. Yes, this is the interwebz, but that's no excuse for being a functional illiterate.

Folks, I was no kidding a high school dropout - but I realized that the ability to form a decent sentence may actually serve me well someday. If you want credibility - at least try...

Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree with you whole heartedly. Maybe we had gotten a little off tangent there for a bit, but I thought this was more of a personal irritation for you. Some folks have the worst spelling in the world. I can't say that mine has always been one hundred percent correct the whole time. You do have a valid point in that we should present ourselves in a professional and intelligent matter.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

And for the record, I am a neanderthal.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Hell, my kids have called me "Hungry Bear" since they were old enough to speak and I really am a high school dropout (and a transplanted redneck).

Like it or not - each of us that form the armed citizenry are ambassadors for the cause. What caused this is at least a half dozen new threads started today without a single capital letter in them - is it so difficult to press the freaking shift key? I do it even when I'm texting on my phone (which is about once every blue moon)...

Old 01-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #17

Liked 74 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
I agree with you whole heartedly. Maybe we had gotten a little off tangent there for a bit, but I thought this was more of a personal irritation for you. Some folks have the worst spelling in the world. I can't say that mine has always been one hundred percent correct the whole time. You do have a valid point in that we should present ourselves in a professional and intelligent matter.
"Wholeheartedly" would be all one word. And your post should have been two paragraphs at the minimum.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #18

Liked 74 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
"Neanderthal".....capitalized. Proper noun.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Never said I was perfect, but I did state that I make an effort to sound like I have something of an edumacation Professor Lon.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #20

Throttle back Lon, the focus for today is the shift key...