Importance of grammar - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Importance of grammar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I don't mind the misspellings or grammer. It's the punctuation. When there are 3 paragraphs that are all one long run on sentence, it gives me a headache. And I went to Mississippi public schools.
Come on trip is it really that bad i mean i know that it can get tiresome having to read a post over and over again i get what you mean about the punctuation it can be pretty agrevating sometimes especially when you cant understand the meaning of what the person is saying i always give the person the benefit of the doubt and just let it go sometimes you can read the entire post and not understand what the person is trying to say i just read what i wrote and yes its pretty bad i get what you mean :-)

Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #42

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Come on trip is it really that bad i mean i know that it can get tiresome having to read a post over and over again i get what you mean about the punctuation it can be pretty agrevating sometimes especially when you cant understand the meaning of what the person is saying i always give the person the benefit of the doubt and just let it go sometimes you can read the entire post and not understand what the person is trying to say i just read what i wrote and yes its pretty bad i get what you mean :-)
I'm going to have to beat you with a textbook.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #43

Liked 776 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp View Post
We don't read what you say. Maybe you should have used "Don't like how I WRITE something, then don't read it!"

Might have been more-clear that way.

See now, Your dumping on a man that is pretty smart. If he writes like he talks, I'm fine w/ that. The running sentence B.S. is not good as the intention of the post is usually lost. We "talk" here. That is the name of the forum.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
This is useless dribble. Next your going to use OMG, KK.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh

This is useless dribble. Next your going to use OMG, KK.
OMG! SMH!
Ha, I beat him to it!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
I usually am good at my grammer when writing but I do write on this forum as well as others with a few errors. I used to not have many or any written grammer errors but due to the running of my business I've ended up paying others to draft, respond, and compose written documents for me for quite awhile. Whats the old saying??? Use it or loose it.

I guess I've lost some of it when it comes to composing some posts on the internet. I forget to use commas, capitol letters, and I mispell words at times. I also have seen that I've recently (the last 3 years) get caught up in run ons,syntax, and other grammer faux pas more and more. Could be age, TIA's, crappy key board, speed of typing, and just not doing it for where it counts for many years.

I bet someone reading this, who knows, can find some grammer errors in this post.
So you typed before? When I was is high school a guy would get beat up for taking typing. Why are you posting this? I'm sure your not the intended target. Everyone makes mistakes, that is what spell check is for.
I'm a chicken pecker typer myself. My nephews that are Marines use correct grammer. As they say it, It seperates us from them. Without periods, comma's, What are we. Your posts are fine. Look at the above and see why!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
OMG! SMH!
Ha, I beat him to it!
Being from So. California wouldn't Spanish be more appropriate?

Old 11-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh

Being from So. California wouldn't Spanish be more appropriate?
Only at the workplace, and even there, I hear those expressions come up.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #49
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
DAMN, i almost passed out trying to read that without a breath!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #50

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Grammar says alot about an individual and how they are perceived. It is important to be able to write with proper grammar and diction. Proof reading your communications is also very important. I have a co-worker who tried to write about "growing guest counts" in a company-wide email. He didn't proof and didnt put in the second "o".