Impatiently waiting. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Impatiently waiting.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,589
Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Default

I've seen those guys on tv but what a waste of money

__________________
rurak is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

I swear, if I didn't know better I'd

think many folks are actually looking

forward to the EOTWAWKI.

I guess it doesn't occur to them their

petite little plans could fail, or they

could wind up as part of the initial

body count.

__________________
therewolf is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I swear, if I didn't know better I'd

think many folks are actually looking

forward to the EOTWAWKI.

I guess it doesn't occur to them their

petite little plans could fail, or they

could wind up as part of the initial

body count.
prepare for the worst, but pray for the best.

we talked about this on another thread an it pretty much spiraled out of control. but many prep and prepping pretty much consumes and takes over every aspect of their lives. some even to the point they have failed to remember to live their lives to the fullest. to enjoy life. nothing wrong with being prepared, but living is about life, not doom and gloom and allowing things like prepping to take over your entire life an how you live it.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
DrFootball Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #24
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,113
Liked 3357 Times on 2271 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Axxe is right here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
prepare for the worst, but pray for the best.

we talked about this on another thread an it pretty much spiraled out of control. but many prep and prepping pretty much consumes and takes over every aspect of their lives. some even to the point they have failed to remember to live their lives to the fullest. to enjoy life. nothing wrong with being prepared, but living is about life, not doom and gloom and allowing things like prepping to take over your entire life an how you live it.
Not that I have a Bunker under my house either(but do have a "safe space" under my garage and 2 safes in my walk in master closet) but lets be "real" here: we know the threat is from within our own society. For years I was sure it would be a "Red Dawn" type of situation. maybe now that not so the case anymore. Not sure the cubans have enough money to fund their allies in a case of "Overthrow America" anymore? We have conversations like this in my "circle" of buds, most are Vets like me, and a few others. Lets see what happens.....
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Not that I have a Bunker under my house either(but do have a "safe space" under my garage and 2 safes in my walk in master closet) but lets be "real" here: we know the threat is from within our own society. For years I was sure it would be a "Red Dawn" type of situation. maybe now that not so the case anymore. Not sure the cubans have enough money to fund their allies in a case of "Overthrow America" anymore? We have conversations like this in my "circle" of buds, most are Vets like me, and a few others. Lets see what happens.....
yes we feared a "Red Dawn" type of situation happening for many years. it could still happen, but my biggest fear is an economic collapse.

i am also a firm believer in when it's your time to go, it won't mean anything whether you were prepared for a SHTF situation or not, or how well prepped you were!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2604 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74 View Post
Just a thought but how do we know bullets will kill a Zombie? Aren't they already dead?
Nah, they just got their free phone, humped four babydaddies,

and joined the democratic party...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
pawjr74 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pawjr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 2,354
Liked 1043 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
yes we feared a "Red Dawn" type of situation happening for many years. it could still happen, but my biggest fear is an economic collapse.

i am also a firm believer in when it's your time to go, it won't mean anything whether you were prepared for a SHTF situation or not, or how well prepped you were!
And China could still be a threat to us if we ever default on our loans to them.
__________________
pawjr74 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74

And China could still be a threat to us if we ever default on our loans to them.
The US doesn't owe as much as people think, to china.
__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Waiting, waiting, waiting list... sweeper22 AR-15 Discussion 1 05-07-2013 10:14 PM
Waiting shadecorp Ruger Handgun Forum 9 01-16-2013 04:34 PM
Waiting Danothemano Massachusetts Gun Forum 13 04-29-2012 05:48 AM
MORE waiting... scott_gen The Club House 1 04-07-2012 07:47 AM
Waiting on Sig AznZOhAn Semi-Auto Handguns 13 08-10-2011 11:19 PM