Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Impatiently waiting. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/impatiently-waiting-91975/)

rurak 06-09-2013 06:47 PM

I've seen those guys on tv but what a waste of money

therewolf 06-09-2013 07:37 PM

I swear, if I didn't know better I'd

think many folks are actually looking

forward to the EOTWAWKI.

I guess it doesn't occur to them their

petite little plans could fail, or they

could wind up as part of the initial

body count.

Axxe55 06-09-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1272126)
I swear, if I didn't know better I'd

think many folks are actually looking

forward to the EOTWAWKI.

I guess it doesn't occur to them their

petite little plans could fail, or they

could wind up as part of the initial

body count.

prepare for the worst, but pray for the best.

we talked about this on another thread an it pretty much spiraled out of control. but many prep and prepping pretty much consumes and takes over every aspect of their lives. some even to the point they have failed to remember to live their lives to the fullest. to enjoy life. nothing wrong with being prepared, but living is about life, not doom and gloom and allowing things like prepping to take over your entire life an how you live it.

DrFootball 06-09-2013 10:49 PM

Axxe is right here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1272252)
prepare for the worst, but pray for the best.

we talked about this on another thread an it pretty much spiraled out of control. but many prep and prepping pretty much consumes and takes over every aspect of their lives. some even to the point they have failed to remember to live their lives to the fullest. to enjoy life. nothing wrong with being prepared, but living is about life, not doom and gloom and allowing things like prepping to take over your entire life an how you live it.

Not that I have a Bunker under my house either(but do have a "safe space" under my garage and 2 safes in my walk in master closet) but lets be "real" here: we know the threat is from within our own society. For years I was sure it would be a "Red Dawn" type of situation. maybe now that not so the case anymore. Not sure the cubans have enough money to fund their allies in a case of "Overthrow America" anymore? We have conversations like this in my "circle" of buds, most are Vets like me, and a few others. Lets see what happens.....

Axxe55 06-09-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball (Post 1272274)
Not that I have a Bunker under my house either(but do have a "safe space" under my garage and 2 safes in my walk in master closet) but lets be "real" here: we know the threat is from within our own society. For years I was sure it would be a "Red Dawn" type of situation. maybe now that not so the case anymore. Not sure the cubans have enough money to fund their allies in a case of "Overthrow America" anymore? We have conversations like this in my "circle" of buds, most are Vets like me, and a few others. Lets see what happens.....

yes we feared a "Red Dawn" type of situation happening for many years. it could still happen, but my biggest fear is an economic collapse.

i am also a firm believer in when it's your time to go, it won't mean anything whether you were prepared for a SHTF situation or not, or how well prepped you were!

therewolf 06-10-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawjr74 (Post 1271988)
Just a thought but how do we know bullets will kill a Zombie? Aren't they already dead? :)

Nah, they just got their free phone, humped four babydaddies,

and joined the democratic party...

pawjr74 06-10-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1272281)
yes we feared a "Red Dawn" type of situation happening for many years. it could still happen, but my biggest fear is an economic collapse.

i am also a firm believer in when it's your time to go, it won't mean anything whether you were prepared for a SHTF situation or not, or how well prepped you were!

And China could still be a threat to us if we ever default on our loans to them.

Gizord1 06-10-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawjr74

And China could still be a threat to us if we ever default on our loans to them.

The US doesn't owe as much as people think, to china.