Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Impatiently waiting. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/impatiently-waiting-91975/)

txpossum 06-08-2013 03:18 PM

Impatiently waiting.

You know, this zombie apocolypse this better hurry up and get here, or otherwise I'm gonna be too old to enjoy it.

I've already decided that the whole "bug out" situation is not for me -- if I tried to survive by running around the woods trying to get by on only what I could carry, I'd be dead of starvation or exhaustion within a week. Mebbe there was a time that I was enough of a hoss to pull that off, but, while I am not quite a flacid blob of goo, the combined aspects of age, cigars, and sitting too much in front of this 'puter have sorta softened me up.

So the new plan in to sit on my porch with one of my bottles of water, munching on some freeze-dried food, and snipe 'em off. Head shot; eat a doughnut; head shot; get some coffee; etc. -- you get the idea. Mebbe have a buddy over -- "hey john, you 'member that time" BLAM! "that you and I " BLAM! "poured that honey all over . . " BLAM! -- once more, you get the idea.

But I'm starting to feel a little silly sitting here with all my zombie killing equipment, and not one damn zombie in sight. I dunno, mebbe if they DO eat brains, they figure the pickin's are a little slim around my house, but hell, one one think I at least would be tempting as a snack.

I'm not getting any younger. Eyesight's going, hearings going, blood pressure is high . . . and I'm starting to develop that old grit "I've got boots older than you" attitude. Bring on the damn zombies already.

Hell, at this point I'd settle for flying monkeys.

Axxe55 06-08-2013 03:35 PM

LMAO!!! that's funny!:D

therewolf 06-08-2013 03:45 PM

I agree, $#!+ or GET OFF THE POT.

The EOTW has been predicted since

I could read and write, I've been

waiting 50 years.

I had heard the last batch of brain eating zombies

invaded Washington D.C., and they all starved to death...

notdku 06-08-2013 03:54 PM

Thank you!

I'm with you on the bugging in. I want my coffee and donuts too and have stocked up on both!

txpossum 06-08-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notdku (Post 1271066)
Thank you!

I'm with you on the bugging in. I want my coffee and donuts too and have stocked up on both!

It's hard to enjoy a good apocolypse without coffee and doughnuts.

txpossum 06-08-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1271050)
I agree, $#!+ or GET OFF THE POT.

The EOTW has been predicted since

I could read and write, I've been

waiting 50 years.

I had heard the last batch of brain eating zombies

invaded Washington D.C., and they all starved to death...

When I used to read TEOTWAWKI situations, I would picture myself as the action hero, bravely overcoming multiple hardships. Now I'm the wiley old coot that dispenses the advice to the young idiot from the comfort of his bunker.

Axxe55 06-08-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1271076)
It's hard to enjoy a good apocolypse without coffee and doughnuts.

coffee and doughnuts during the morning hours. sweet tea and roast beef sandwich for lunch and a good bourbon while using night vision to get the nighttime stragglers!

txpossum 06-08-2013 04:36 PM

Sounds good, except I like unsweetened tea.

Axxe55 06-08-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1271127)
Sounds good, except I like unsweetened tea.

i can drink either one. as long as they are served on ice!:D

therewolf 06-08-2013 05:25 PM

Well, I hate to be the harbinger of

bad news, but IMO, like MG said in

"Return From Thunderdome",

"We're going to live here, for

a long time, and be thankful."

Aint no "poccyclipse" coming, kiddies.

Sorry.

But like the Outlaw Josey Wales said-

"Dying ain't much of a living."

Looks to me like we'll just all have to

live long, and prosper. . .

. . . seems the more unsweetened tea I drink,

the less I like the Kool-Aid. Now, do you leave yours on the windowsill?

I throw in two bags, and leave it in the fridge.

Axxe55 06-08-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1271168)
Well, I hate to be the harbinger of

bad news, but IMO, like MG said in

"Return From Thunderdome",

"We're going to live here, for

a long time, and be thankful."

Aint no "poccyclipse" coming, kiddies.

Sorry.

But like the Outlaw Josey Wales said-

"Dying ain't much of a living."

Looks to me like we'll just all have to

live long, and prosper. . .

. . . seems the more unsweetened tea I drink,

the less I like the Kool-Aid. Now, do you leave yours on the windowsill?

I throw in two bags, and leave it in the fridge.

but i was looking forward to shooting zombies!:mad:

spoilsport!

yazul42 06-09-2013 11:45 AM

Yes, I agree,,, Y2K, was a bust,,, no Mayan calendar end days horrors, and no Zombie apocalypse,,, Hell,, no one wants to have fun anymore, maybe someone will come up with some other cataclysm so we can try to look forward to something,, now it's just going to work.

Gizord1 06-09-2013 11:51 AM

Lets start a rumor that an underground group of brainwashing radicals will attack with their puppet army. Lets see how many people go crazy and hide in their shelters.
I'm kinda serious.

yazul42 06-09-2013 11:56 AM

If we take our time, use some historical events, extrapolate on mediocre events, we should be able to come up with a very nice scenario for chaos and destruction that we could all enjoy.

txpossum 06-09-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazul42 (Post 1271794)
If we take our time, use some historical events, extrapolate on mediocre events, we should be able to come up with a very nice scenario for chaos and destruction that we could all enjoy.

I love the idea.

yazul42 06-09-2013 03:24 PM

Perhaps I can find something in like some old Babylonian or Sumerian texts that describes an ancient terror or mythical creature that may have been taken seriously by a modern government, looking for a supreme war weapon or super soldier if you will,, the possibilities are all over the place, a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon,,, this can be done.

pawjr74 06-09-2013 03:57 PM

Just a thought but how do we know bullets will kill a Zombie? Aren't they already dead? :)

txpossum 06-09-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawjr74 (Post 1271988)
Just a thought but how do we know bullets will kill a Zombie? Aren't they already dead? :)

Everyone knows you have to destroy the brain or brain stem. Havn't you seen the appropriate training films?

pawjr74 06-09-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum

Everyone knows you have to destroy the brain or brain stem. Havn't you seen the appropriate training films?

Doh, I guess I'm out of the loop! It would be awkward unloading a 30 round mag and having the zombie still coming because of poor shot placement. LOL :p

txpossum 06-09-2013 04:58 PM

And if you want to save ammo, you can always order these little jewels from the company called Zombie Tools:

http://zombietools.net/

rurak 06-09-2013 06:47 PM

I've seen those guys on tv but what a waste of money

therewolf 06-09-2013 07:37 PM

I swear, if I didn't know better I'd

think many folks are actually looking

forward to the EOTWAWKI.

I guess it doesn't occur to them their

petite little plans could fail, or they

could wind up as part of the initial

body count.

Axxe55 06-09-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 1272126)
I swear, if I didn't know better I'd

think many folks are actually looking

forward to the EOTWAWKI.

I guess it doesn't occur to them their

petite little plans could fail, or they

could wind up as part of the initial

body count.

prepare for the worst, but pray for the best.

we talked about this on another thread an it pretty much spiraled out of control. but many prep and prepping pretty much consumes and takes over every aspect of their lives. some even to the point they have failed to remember to live their lives to the fullest. to enjoy life. nothing wrong with being prepared, but living is about life, not doom and gloom and allowing things like prepping to take over your entire life an how you live it.

DrFootball 06-09-2013 10:49 PM

Axxe is right here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1272252)
prepare for the worst, but pray for the best.

we talked about this on another thread an it pretty much spiraled out of control. but many prep and prepping pretty much consumes and takes over every aspect of their lives. some even to the point they have failed to remember to live their lives to the fullest. to enjoy life. nothing wrong with being prepared, but living is about life, not doom and gloom and allowing things like prepping to take over your entire life an how you live it.

Not that I have a Bunker under my house either(but do have a "safe space" under my garage and 2 safes in my walk in master closet) but lets be "real" here: we know the threat is from within our own society. For years I was sure it would be a "Red Dawn" type of situation. maybe now that not so the case anymore. Not sure the cubans have enough money to fund their allies in a case of "Overthrow America" anymore? We have conversations like this in my "circle" of buds, most are Vets like me, and a few others. Lets see what happens.....

Axxe55 06-09-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball (Post 1272274)
Not that I have a Bunker under my house either(but do have a "safe space" under my garage and 2 safes in my walk in master closet) but lets be "real" here: we know the threat is from within our own society. For years I was sure it would be a "Red Dawn" type of situation. maybe now that not so the case anymore. Not sure the cubans have enough money to fund their allies in a case of "Overthrow America" anymore? We have conversations like this in my "circle" of buds, most are Vets like me, and a few others. Lets see what happens.....

yes we feared a "Red Dawn" type of situation happening for many years. it could still happen, but my biggest fear is an economic collapse.

i am also a firm believer in when it's your time to go, it won't mean anything whether you were prepared for a SHTF situation or not, or how well prepped you were!

therewolf 06-10-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawjr74 (Post 1271988)

Nah, they just got their free phone, humped four babydaddies,

and joined the democratic party...

pawjr74 06-10-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1272281)
yes we feared a "Red Dawn" type of situation happening for many years. it could still happen, but my biggest fear is an economic collapse.

i am also a firm believer in when it's your time to go, it won't mean anything whether you were prepared for a SHTF situation or not, or how well prepped you were!

And China could still be a threat to us if we ever default on our loans to them.

Gizord1 06-10-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawjr74

And China could still be a threat to us if we ever default on our loans to them.

The US doesn't owe as much as people think, to china.