IMO, it disrespects the uniform... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

IMO, it disrespects the uniform...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1438 Times on 851 Posts
Likes Given: 442

If you are wearing BDU's because you like the look, then whatever.

If you are wearing BDU's to make people think you are military and sell more stuff, that's dishonest and I don't like it.

If you are wearing BDU's and you are/were military and you are doing it to sell more stuff, I still don't like it. You can capitalize on your service for monetary gain but you shouldn't use the uniform to do so.

Sounds like this guy either was military or is pretending to be military. Either way I agree that it's disrespectful to use the uniform for commercial gain.
"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #22
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
Great source Webley. I see in:
"1-10. When the wear of the Army uniform is required or prohibited", it goes on to say, "in connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests..." so yeah, by Army standards, selling merchandise, in uniform should be unacceptable.
I wanna rephrase that a little... If the guy is in the military, the above standards should and do apply from what I'm reading. A civilian however, that would be a different story because now you're dealing with freedom of expression and speech, etc, etc that a soldier doesn't get to enjoy typically.
That clause got a young woman tossed from West Point...

Army logo on a BDU blouse un buttoned with BOOBIES hanging out will do that... However... If your a civilian I doubt it something that would be pursued.

dango Likes This 
Old 12-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #23
Liked 4583 Times on 2526 Posts
Likes Given: 23276

In today's crazy world we live in , I don,t have opinions or judgements , it only gives mea headache ....!
beaglesam Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #24
Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

If he's not doing anything more than sell commemorative artwork, leave him the hell alone. I could understand if he was being genuinely disrespectful. But artwork honoring service members ain't disrespectful.
" is ...ALIVE!!!"