Immigration Reform
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Immigration Reform

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Immigration Reform

What is everyone's take on this immigration reform bill being tossed around.

Personally I can't believe the American people are putting up with our current system. Maybe the rise of a 3rd Party this next election?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Personally I can't believe the American people are putting up with our current system. Maybe the rise of a 3rd Party this next election?
I don't count on it. I hoped Ron Paul may have a chance, but the neocon pundits on the radio have been ruthless in their attack of Dr.Paul lately. It makes me sick that these so called "conservatives" (whatever that word means today) slammed Gulliani just a few months ago. Now that it looks like Rudy will be the (R)s party ticket they cant line up to lick his ****s fast enough.

Ron Paul is more conservative than Rudy could ever hope to be, but his view on the Iraq War, which I agree with does not seem to set well with the neocons that have infested the Republican Party. Sadly we may end up with a Clinton vs Clinton light (Gulliani) ticket in 08 where no matter who is elected we will all lose. Sorry if this comes off as a rant, but the rights sudden support of Gulliani has me disgusted.

On the topic of imigration reform all I can say is what reform? This legislation they are trying to ram through is smoke & mirrors and nothing more. It lets politicians look like they are getting tough on illegals, but it fixes nothing. No illegal is going to want to, or be able to pay $5,000 in fines. Add to that having to give up your job, move back to Mexico, and come back to the U.S in a year or so to start over again. I can see the illegals lining up at the door to pay their fines, and leave . If this bill passes absolutely nothing will change.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:30 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
On the topic of imigration reform all I can say is what reform? This legislation they are trying to ram through is smoke & mirrors and nothing more. It lets politicians look like they are getting tough on illegals, but it fixes nothing. No illegal is going to want to, or be able to pay $5,000 in fines. Add to that having to give up your job, move back to Mexico, and come back to the U.S in a year or so to start over again. I can see the illegals lining up at the door to pay their fines, and leave . If this bill passes absolutely nothing will change.
It is an opportunity for the Dems to single out the Repubs as being against this so they can alienate the Mexicans who CAN legally vote and can decry those who voted against them. They are trying to sell this as these illegals being brought into the tax paying system and the government finally getting all of this revenue that they have been missing!! Sure!! These people will love to get into the tax system and happily pay 40% of their income to a government that will waste it like they do with mine!!! They get free healthcare and now they will have to pay for it and they will jump up and down in celebration to be able to come into this crappy system!!! Swimming the Rio Grande will still look good to them!!

MarMac

Old 05-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Regarding the insecure border and the influx of foreigners into this country, I cite this passage from the Constitution:

Article. IV. - The States
Section 4 - Republican government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
A huge number of illegals commit crimes (beyond entering the country illegally). We are paying tens of billions of dollars on behalf of these people. Americans are being raped and murdered by some of these people at a rate that outpaces our losses in Iraq.

These people fly Mexican flags on U.S. soil (schools and post offices), they march in thousands with signs reading "Por La Raza todo! Fuera de La Raza nada!" and "Reconquista!"

The Mexican government is providing instructions on how to cross the border illegally, where to go, what to avoid, etc. An estimated $20 billion is sent to Mexico from the U.S. by illegals. (That's on top of the more than $30 billion spent each year on social programs for them.)

This is more than enough to qualify as an invasion: they want our treasure to send back home and they certainly don't wish to become Americans.

Bush's and Chertoff's comments that these people are necessary and doing jobs Americans won't do is a crock. By virtue of their being here, they are criminals. They are absolutely not entitled to work, nor are they entitled to social welfare including medical care, housing, food, schooling, etc.

As bad as all this is, it gets worse. We need to consider others crossing our border.

Last edited by bkt; 05-26-2007 at 01:13 PM.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #5

This is amnesty all the way. Bush is just giving in and if we have the commie pink Clinton as our next president then we are screwed more so. I just heard from my european nationalist group that she has a "La Raza" person on her staff. I'm a Spaniard so I know it means "The Race". Race of mongrels not to sound too bigotted.