Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Im a virgin!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #21
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Will do, my parents would let me shoot but my mom says ''oh ill take you shooting then says oh i don't feel safe around guns when i ask her when we can go''. My step dad is a felon so he cant take me, like i said my moms afraid of guns,my dad claims hes to busy and because of stupid state law in Illinois he needs a foid and has been waiting over a year and now they call and say he needs to fill out more papers. I don't know of any gun clubs around here that will let anyone do anything at all without there parents there, i have done alot of searching but ill do more.
Beast, where are you in Illinois? How old are you? I'd love to take you shooting with your parents permission, or course, if you are nearby.

I just got into guns about 2.5 years ago....and I'm old......

AND......let's try to keep this thread on topic.
CHLChris Likes This 
Old 07-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #22
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2632 Times on 1535 Posts
Likes Given: 1168

WoC, be careful if you take the youngun' to JonM's

Crossing a state line with a minor could look a little suspicious.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #23
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1274 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Beast, the NRA programs are a good idea. However, if you want to try it out before signing up for a program, look for the closest indoor range or gun club. Most have instructors that would be happy to tutor you, and your mother does not have to be there - just sign a permission slip and pay for the session. This will get your feet wet with a responsible, knowledgeable adult and save your mother's nerves at the same time.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
WoC, be careful if you take the youngun' to JonM's

Crossing a state line with a minor could look a little suspicious.
Are you kidding? Bring a minor boy to Jon? Do you think I'm crazy????

Old 07-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #25

Im sorry your parents are like that i was raised around firearms and hunting so i love them and own a ruger lcr but have many more on my wishlist

Old 07-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #26

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Beast, where are you in Illinois? How old are you? I'd love to take you shooting with your parents permission, or course, if you are nearby.

I just got into guns about 2.5 years ago....and I'm old......

AND......let's try to keep this thread on topic.

14 I'm going to be a freshman, i'm in plainfield.

The closest gun range to me is mega sports and they are *******s to younger people. Gat guns is an hours drive but if windsofchange will take me shooting there my parents would drive me.

Last edited by beastmode986; 07-31-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #27

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Beast, Winds would be a great person to introduce you properly to firearms. She is relatively new to this stuff, herself, and remembers exactly what it takes to start the right way. Your parents would feel really comfortable with her, too.

I agree, let's keep this thread focused.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 07-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #28

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I'm glad almost every owner's manual I've come across at least had the basic safety laws in it...

Beast, steal your parents car and credit card, and take a road trip down here. If you need instructions on hot wiring, pm me. I've got beer, liquor, and other illicit substances. I don't know of any prostitutes because I'm not looking for any, but I'm sure we can track one down for ya. Then we'll head down to Mexico (on you're parents credit card of course), after making a quick pit stop in Utah to pick up a passenger, and see what kind of trouble we can find.

Hey, a kid's gotta start somewhere...
I'm currently running a project in Knoxville, TN. I will line up someone to take my place for a while. I cannot miss out on this trip bro. Stop
By and get me. I will steel my wife's credit card (mine is maxed on ammo and guns)...

Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #29

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I shot for the first time yesterday!!!! And again today!!!!!!
I started out with a .22lr marlin the other day and it was a blast. Today I shot an ar15, .22lr target pistol,gllock 17/and a 357 magnum but im not sure what gun. I did not go to a range just a friends house out in undeveloped illinois. It was awsome!!! ill probably post pictures later. The guy that taught me was a vietnam vet and he has taught many people how to shoot and got the highest award in the military for marksmanship. suprisingly the 357 had less kick than the glock. The .22 and ar 15 where the best. I freaking love the ar. This guy has over 50 guns too. He has .44s,shotguns,308s,1911s,ak47s etc. Best weekend ever!!!!!!!!!
Plus it was my first time shooting and i got a silver dollar sized group with the ar15 at 50 ft and same with the .22 pistol at 20 ft. I shot the marlin at 20 ft and also got quarter sized groups! He said i was a great shooter!

Last edited by beastmode986; 09-03-2012 at 11:46 PM.
tri70 Likes This 
Old 09-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #30

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
I shot for the first time yesterday!!!! And again today!!!!!!
I started out with a .22lr marlin the other day and it was a blast. Today I shot an ar15, .22lr target pistol,gllock 17/and a 357 magnum but im not sure what gun. I did not go to a range just a friends house out in undeveloped illinois. It was awsome!!! ill probably post pictures later. The guy that taught me was a vietnam vet and he has taught many people how to shoot and got the highest award in the military for marksmanship. suprisingly the 357 had less kick than the glock. The .22 and ar 15 where the best. I freaking love the ar. This guy has over 50 guns too. He has .44s,shotguns,308s,1911s,ak47s etc. Best weekend ever!!!!!!!!!
Plus it was my first time shooting and i got a silver dollar sized group with the ar15 at 50 ft and same with the .22 pistol at 20 ft. I shot the marlin at 20 ft and also got quarter sized groups! He said i was a great shooter!
Congrats! Keep it up.