Im a virgin! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Im a virgin!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

First time I fired gun was just a few years ago. I took a safety class with a gun0shooting component in a range. With 8 of us across the lanes and each person with one round loaded, when the range master yelled, "Commence firing!" I had a rush a fear and adrenaline as the loudest booms I could have ever imagined went off around me.

Years later, when I first walk into a range, the very first POP gets my heart racing. Man, it is fun!!

Starting with either a .22 or a full-size hand gun is a good idea.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #12

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam

Trip, How about I steal my wife's credit card and we meet up. I'll bring my own beer and liquor.
Sounds good, come on down.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:17 AM   #13

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris
Years later, when I first walk into a range, the very first POP gets my heart racing. Man, it is fun!!!
Hell yea! Thats what its all about! The first time that DOESNT happen is when I will know its time to part ways with the expensive hobby aspect of it thats for sure.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-31-2012, 04:28 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8860 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Trip- Reminder.... if you continue posting like that, I know where to find a certain yearbook photo that I can post here.......

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:30 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm glad almost every owner's manual I've come across at least had the basic safety laws in it...

Beast, steal your parents car and credit card, and take a road trip down here. If you need instructions on hot wiring, pm me. I've got beer, liquor, and other illicit substances. I don't know of any prostitutes because I'm not looking for any, but I'm sure we can track one down for ya. Then we'll head down to Mexico (on you're parents credit card of course), after making a quick pit stop in Utah to pick up a passenger, and see what kind of trouble we can find.

Hey, a kid's gotta start somewhere...
You know how to have a hell of a time. I'd avoid the other illicit substances and Mexico though.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Trip- Reminder.... if you continue posting like that, I know where to find a certain yearbook photo that I can post here.......
Ha ha! I started getting a bit insecure about my privacy when I was around 8 years old! What you don't know is, I didn't graduate from that school, and haven't had a yearbook photo taken since the second grade (I'd play hooky, tell my mom I was sick).

But... If you have any pictures of a certain young and dumb Marine who happened to be taking out a wall, of a Spanish jail, with a stolen truck, in the fall of 2004... While drinking whatever they called that local gut rot... And flipping the bird... While naked... So I could bust my battle buddy out... I may need that back.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 AM   #17

Liked 2458 Times on 1594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam

Trip, How about I steal my wife's credit card and we meet up. I'll bring my own beer and liquor.
Threes company, or sumpin like that. Can I come along but ill wait at the border for ya.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 07-31-2012, 04:56 AM   #18

Sounds like we're working on corrupting an innocent youth with an FTF road trip. Oh yeah... This is gonna be awesome!!!

Can individual states declare a person to be persona non grata?

Old 07-31-2012, 05:02 AM   #19

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Screw the gun talk, how can I get in on that trip?

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 07-31-2012, 05:05 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 91 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 17

See if you local high school has an JROTC program. The first time I shot a gun was my freshman year of high school in JROTC. Sure it was a long wait but it was well worth it.

For me it's not just the sound of gunfire that gets me going but the smell as well. The smell of burnt gunpowder, Hoppes #9 and linseed oil.......that the stuff right there.

Aside from all of that, don't under estimate the value of your air rifle. Marksmanship skills are marksmanship skills, period. So, the skills you gain shooting your airguns will translate directly over fire arms. The only thing you will have to get used to is the loud report. In the mean time, be patient and shoot everything you can get your hands on. And I mean EVERYTHING. Sling shots, Bows, BB guns, and pellet guns. Remember that all of these can KILL. Learn to respect that potential and learn the discipline required to handle them responsibly. When the time is right, and the opportunity presents itself to shoot a fire arm, you will be ready.

EDUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson