Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I'm Taking the plunge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default I'm Taking the plunge

If you don't hear from me for a few days it is because I am Beta testing the new Windows 7. So it my granade my system.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #2

DAY 1: So far so good just a few minor glitches. My video card driver is not right. I have to run this web site and other message boards in compatibility mode not really a big deal. Wireless networking is slightly harder with W7, Thank god my wifi tech showed up and told me how to fix it. Setting up my home network was very simple though. I use WPA at home and WEP at work. All in all it is going smooth. I wish I had the desktop with more power to run this. I might sneek and partition my wifes machine tonight and install it on there.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:48 AM   #3

Day 2: Well haven't done much with it today. I did try to print to my network printer a HP C7180 running on my wifi network. I downloaded the vista drivers for it and neither would work. One good thing over the night I left my comp on and it downloaded an update for the video card and now I have my 1280x800 screen resolution back and it is looking so much better. It takes plug and play items like wireless mice and my ext hdd and brings them up and running faster than XP. It is taxing on my processor and memory my processor is an AMD turion x2 duel core 64bit ML-32 1.8ghz. I have 2 gig of kingston memory for my pc. I am sure if I turned down the graphics a little it might not be so bad but what is the point of the areo desktop is you don't use it. I did install ms office 2007 on it last night. the install went very fast and smooth smoother than with xp. Everything worked right from the get go. So again I am getting lots of updates from microsoft and things seem to be going along very well.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

And here we were looking forward to not hearing from you for a few days!

Just kidding. Enjoy your testing!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!