I'm sorry - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I'm sorry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
Its funny how all you "old timers" are bashing todays popular music. I would be willing to bet that your parents did the same thing to your favorite music when you were growing up. I don't like rap but some new songs are catchy and fun to listen to. Its a generational thing.
Yeah I'm 21. I think most new music just sucks. There are occasional hits that are actually good, but they're rarities. My parents always disliked the music I listened to, unless it was something old, but I still liked my music so they didn't really influence anything.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #32

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Good God if you consider that "New" I'd hate to hear what you consider old.

Lemme guess, Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn are current for you?
Relatively new. Lol. I didn't realize how old it was. Released in 1990. But to me that's the kind of over pronounced country singing voice that only got worse with new country music. One guy I do like, or can stand, is Brad Paisley. He doesn't do that over pronounced stupid voice and he actually plays his instrument really well.

And if you're comparing that to, hank williams sr. it pretty new!

Old 09-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
TK is. Jackson and Straight put out something new every now and then, but Straight is retired and I think Jackson is semi retired.

The nearest classic country station to me is far enough away that it doesn't pick up good enough to bother with. I want to say it's probably the same one you listen too, based out of somewhere in east Texas.
Probably not. If you get more then 10 miles out of town, you quickly start to lose the signal. The one I listen to is 96.3 FM. (don't remember the name of the station)

Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #34
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy View Post
It I hate the song Ob La Di - Ob La Da. I love the Beatles. In fact they've been my favorite band since about the 6th grade when I got y head out of my butt musically. It's just a grading song. Right now I'm sitting with my friends band as they practice it for a wedding that I'm sitting in on and I feel like looking for something to end my suffering with.

So what's a song(s) you guys hate?
I love it and hate it. I'm complex.

As for songs I hate, I'm sure this thread will outline many.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #35

Liked 703 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I like most of his music, but I think I died a little inside when he started rapping country.

Is Toby Keith Alan Jackson, and George Strait still making new music? I don't hardly listen to new music anymore, so I have no idea. (I found a classic country radio station, so that's what I always listen to.)
MIL got me the latest Jimmy Buffett CD last weekend, and there's a duet with Buffett and Toby Keith - Too Drunk To Karaoke".

Classic Country is the best. The new stuff isn't Country anymore, despite what they call it.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Last edited by buckhuntr; 09-08-2013 at 02:25 AM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #36
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8102 Times on 4679 Posts
Likes Given: 10454

Song Hell! I hate the entire album "Pyromania" by Def Lepperd. In 1986-1989 I was working for a racing team and one day when I was to drive cross-country with a partner, he shows up at the shop with that damn tape he had bought on his way in. He took the first shift, playing that damn tape in a continuous loop all the way across California and Nevada until he pulled over at a rest stop so we could switch drivers. I got in the driver's seat, adjusted everything and took off, punching the tape eject and throwing it out the damn window as I hit the highway.

Def Leppard can kiss my ass. I hate all of their stuff to this day.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 09-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #37

Liked 917 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Iv'e been into Gilbert Brantley, and Chris Cagel alot lately. But mostly like the old stuff Hank Jr/ Molly Hatchet / Skynard / etc. I cant stand rap crap, but for some reason i like Kid Rocks, country-rock-rap...style. Youtube Kid Rock/Martina Mcbride "I put your picture away"..they blew the doors off that place.

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 09-08-2013, 02:59 AM   #38
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!

Liked 3015 Times on 2053 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Song Hell! I hate the entire album "Pyromania" by Def Lepperd. In 1986-1989 I was working for a racing team and one day when I was to drive cross-country with a partner, he shows up at the shop with that damn tape he had bought on his way in. He took the first shift, playing that damn tape in a continuous loop all the way across California and Nevada until he pulled over at a rest stop so we could switch drivers. I got in the driver's seat, adjusted everything and took off, punching the tape eject and throwing it out the damn window as I hit the highway.

Def Leppard can kiss my ass. I hate all of their stuff to this day.
The "Metal age" for me stopped with Zep, Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult/Alice Cooper.

Earlier today I took some "Ca Cr" some someone in a chat who used to be here about Progressive Rock Being "Gay." My only anser to anyone that thinks that is if You can Play Guitar LIke Steve Howe, Steve Hackett, Alan Holdsworth, or David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, or Robert Fripp from King Crimson,...then you can call anyone anything you want, but until then,..shut yer Hole and get educated in the music you CLAIM to like and then call me...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 09-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #39

Liked 917 Times on 512 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Kid Rock - Jackson Mississippi

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 09-08-2013, 03:15 AM   #40
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 8102 Times on 4679 Posts
Likes Given: 10454

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
The "Metal age" for me stopped with Zep, Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult/Alice Cooper.

Earlier today I took some "Ca Cr" some someone in a chat who used to be here about Progressive Rock Being "Gay." My only anser to anyone that thinks that is if You can Play Guitar LIke Steve Howe, Steve Hackett, Alan Holdsworth, or David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, or Robert Fripp from King Crimson,...then you can call anyone anything you want, but until then,..shut yer Hole and get educated in the music you CLAIM to like and then call me...
I spent a good deal of the late '70's and most of the 1980's listening to all of that and more. I loved Southern Rock as well and listened to country when I wasn't around my friends (I was the only fan).

You forgot the best band of all time, Rush.

Who was your favorite lead in Black Sabbath? I like Dio, but laugh at the fact that had he tried to get into music after 1981 he never would have made it 'cause he is so damn ugly.

(For those of you who are confused by that statement 1981 was the year that MTV came into being. Nobody gave a rip what musicians looked like before that, and after that it was impossible to succeed as a lead singer if you weren't passably attractive.)

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Mason609 Likes This 

Newest Threads