Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I'm so excited....X2 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/im-so-excited-x2-56976/)

winds-of-change 02-04-2012 07:29 AM

I'm so excited....X2

My daughter has made some poor choices in men and also has some bad luck thrown in there. She has been seeing this young man who has been INCREDIBLY good to her and my granddaughter. He seems to really love them and takes good care of them. They go on trips and when my daughter's washing machine broke down and couldn't be repaired, he went out and bought her a new washing machine. He is truly a treasure!

That's one thing to be excited about.

Also, this fine young man likes to shoot guns but he doesn't own one of his own. He goes to the range and rents different guns. (He is 26 years old, as is my daughter.) He and I have not met yet but Monday morning I am meeting him at the range and I'm going to let him shoot the heck out of my two guns. I'm suppling the guns (of course), tons of ammo and the targets. I'm going to let him shoot until he can't hold the gun up any more. And then I'm going to out shoot him! :p

That's the second thing to be excited about.

Also, on my semi-annual trip to Stalkingbear's, I think I'm going to bring him with.

My son is getting married on May 18th, 2013. Maybe there will be two weddings soon. I am so happy for my grown children and the good things that are happening in their lives. And let me tell you, it was a long, rough, bumpy road with my daughter. But she 'grew up' and is now a shining star. I am so proud of her.

Minionsram 02-04-2012 07:50 AM

That's good for you Winds. Be sure to post up some pics for us here on the boards.

I have always said "for every good woman there is a good man somewhere and vice versa." I was married once before and it was a big mistake. Then I found my perfect match a few years later and she was right there the whole time.

Hope everything works out for y'all!

Marlinman 02-04-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minionsram
That's good for you Winds. Be sure to post up some pics for us here on the boards.

I have always said "for every good woman there is a good man somewhere and vice versa." I was married once before and it was a big mistake. Then I found my perfect match a few years later and she was right there the whole time.

Hope everything works out for y'all!

Thats the way it usually works- look everywhere but under your nose. Dont embarrass him to bad;)......just a little bit works well;p

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

winds-of-change 02-04-2012 07:55 AM

I was married once, too. It wasn't a big mistake but it just didn't work out. I wasn't looking while I was raising my kids alone. I was pretty busy doing just that. Not much time for anything else. I hope there is someone out there for me. :( But it still is a great thrill to see my children happy with their lives.

Axxe55 02-04-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 698972)
I was married once, too. It wasn't a big mistake but it just didn't work out. I wasn't looking while I was raising my kids alone. I was pretty busy doing just that. Not much time for anything else. I hope there is someone out there for me. :( But it still is a great thrill to see my children happy with their lives.

WOC, many of us have had bad luck in marriages and relationships, and maybe your daughter has found a good match for her. good luck to all.

sometimes we have to go throught the bad to appreciate the good. i am on my third marriage and very happy with my current wife. she may not be perfect, but she's perfect for me! she even likes shooting with me, but doesnt have the same level of enthuiasm for them as i do, but is quite a step up from the first two. neither of them had any understanding of why people wanted firearms. ex-wife #1, she tolerated them for such as killing snakes and such, but couldn't understand why i collected so many. ex-wife #2, she really didn't even want to keep them in the house! she wanted me to store them in the shed outside. i still kept my pistol in the drawer beside the bed, she didn't like that too much, but that's why she's an ex!

good luck on your range trip and have fun!

partdeux 02-04-2012 11:55 AM

Congrats on the life lessons finally kicking in!

My daughter(s) are flaming effin idiots. It's (s), because I haven't heard from the youngest (at college) for literally months now. She impressed us with her fall term GPA, 0.0. We are not on the hook for her education, as an "adult" she gets to make her own arrangements. I know she hasn't made any kind of arrangements for spring term payments... which should be interesting.

Oldest (20) fought and fought and fought to get out of her parents "crib". We finally got tired of trying to keep her on any path, and let her navigate life off road. Damn, she got stuck in the mud in the middle of the woods and said help, I'm lost and can't find my way back ;) Sorry charlie, this was your choice, good luck! I still pay for her phone, only because it's still on contract... She called the other day, she left her phone in the bathroom sink while taking a shower??? and water dripped on the phone damaging it. She actually thought we would run out and get her a "free" phone and extend the contract. Yea, let me get right on that. "I have to have a phone"

colmustard 02-04-2012 03:25 PM

Nice! That is some stuff to be happy about! Be safe and have fun!

Vikingdad 02-06-2012 12:43 AM

Congratulations! Best wishes for them (and you!)

lonyaeger 02-06-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 699022)

My daughter(s) are flaming effin idiots.

Nice.......!

Vikingdad 02-06-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 700642)
Nice.......!

I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah.