I'm sad, feeling pretty down. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I'm sad, feeling pretty down.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #31
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3193 Times on 2173 Posts
Likes Given: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

I sold two precious Paul Reed Smiths before the guns.
Sorry to hear. PRS's are great guitars! I still have 4 Gibsons, 2 Fenders( a California amplified acoustic, and a hollow body carbonera Tele,..) and my BC Rich and Carvin. Had to sell a lot of other stuff, and give away my cockatiel Marlon, who had a profane dirty mouth....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1250 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 2574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
I sold two precious Paul Reed Smiths before the guns.
Ouch! I've been there and done that also.

PRS are great guitars but there will be more. I've built my guitar collection back up along with my guns, and I'm happier with what I have now. I had a lot more experience when I bought the ones I have now - that goes for the guns and guitars.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Wiebelhaus I know where you've been, had to sell almost all of my firearms to keep a roof over my mother and my heads and food on the table, I did manage to hang onto 3 firearms.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #34
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7188 Times on 4326 Posts
Likes Given: 8769

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Once it took me 9 months to find a new job ..
It took me six months to find a job. It was pretty darned scary being jobless. I live alone and there was no second income to help. I pride myself on being tough.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #35

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

There must be many Americans in the same financial condition. The Pawn Shops are filled with fire arms.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 977 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 1258

Get your thinking right Brother...Sometimes good bye is the second chance a fella needs.....

Your items were their when you needed them... You will survive this, you will start over again, be patient with yourself and get out of your sorrowful mind.

Find yourself a cheap guitar and keep playing while your on this journey...

Become steel or get cut.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #37
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3193 Times on 2173 Posts
Likes Given: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon
Get your thinking right Brother...Sometimes good bye is the second chance a fella needs.....

Your items were their when you needed them... You will survive this, you will start over again, be patient with yourself and get out of your sorrowful mind.

Find yourself a cheap guitar and keep playing while your on this journey...
S T is right! Write some music! Some of my best music came after I split with the now deceased Wife#1!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #38
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8274

Wieblhaus, BTDT. ten years ago, I was going through a divorce, had lost my job of 6 years, lost my house, most of my vehicles, found out that my ex had run up close to $40,000 of credit card debt in my name, and that she had not been sending in the mortgage payments for almost a year. All I had after the dust settled was my dog, clothes, some of my books, and my dog. I was lucky that I still had family close by, and I had to move in with my parents. I had sold my gins to my father right before moving back in with them, and I started working in my dad's garage to help out with their bills and pay mine.

Fast forward about 3 years, and I had payed off close to $125,000 worth of debt that was piled on me during the divorce, when I got an infection in my left foot which went gangrenous leading to an amputation. I had paid my debt down by working a full time job, and running my own business, and only owed $200 to pay of the CC debt when this happened. At that point, I thought things could not be any worse as I could no longer support my family. It was at that point that i realized i could go one of 2 ways, up or sideways.

It was during this, the worst point of my life, that I found out who really gave a rat's azz about me, and who didn't. Point is, it's always darkest before the dawn, and hopefully more good is in your future than bad. With all the good folks on here, I know that if you ask, others on here will give you a hand up. Even if all we can give is a sounding board, prayer, or encouragement, we're there for you. We will do what we can, just let us know.

Hope things start going better for you.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 09-23-2013 at 06:55 AM.
People Like This 
Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #39
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

Weibel, Hang in there man! Auctioned off my namesake (my dads WF38) a couple years ago after my wife lost her job and my side business went south, weve survived the depression and are slowly getting things back together again. I miss the WF but it was only a thing, staying solvent was much more important than the cherished things I had amassed. Selling stuff to keep afloat sucks, the only thing worse would be not having anything to sell to keep yourself afloat!

This too will pass and life on the other side of sucks is good! Once you start surviving well again, you will really appreciate the little things much more! Good news is you have your old Shotty round still and hopefully your sanity!

Old 09-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #40

Liked 2472 Times on 1605 Posts

Hang in there weibel. It's just one page of the book of life.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This