I'm sad, feeling pretty down. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I'm sad, feeling pretty down.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

DrFootball.

I name my rifles after the Swords in the Elric Saga...

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 09-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #22
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3264 Times on 2219 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
DrFootball.

I name my rifles after the Swords in the Elric Saga...
OUTSTANDING!!!!!
I didn't start reading it until my 20's when my cousin introduced me to BOC's Singer-Songwriter ERIC BLOOM(they went to HS on Long Island together) and he told me about it. Too Bad these days BOC isn't playing 20,000 seat arenas anymore,..they do a lot of 60's covers also(Born to be Wild By Steppenwolf, and Roadhouse Blues by the Doors are among their most famous covers,..as well as Money by Pink Floyd....)...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #23

I only name my premium rifles:

My Sig 516 FDE is "Trauerklinge" (German for Mournblade)
And my LWRC 14.7 inch pinned ceracote is "Stormbringer"
And my LWRC 16.1 inch is "Deathdealer" (from another fantasy reference)

I read the entire Elric Saga as a tween and it really helped me relativize the here and now.

PS: BOC is awesome., their song helped "make" "The Stand"

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:

Last edited by bluez; 09-23-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #24

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Lost my job once. The boys were for 4 and 9. I found a new job one month later. I got lucky. I've always complained too much. Maybe I shouldn't.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #25

Once it took me 9 months to find a new job ..

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:

Old 09-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #26

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus
Last 6 months have been rough, I've almost lost everything and it's still not good, I've had to sell every gun I have to stay above water, besides an old trusty shotty that ain't worth a damn to anyone but me anyhow. I'm still fully in love with firearms, that hasn't been quelled so it's kinda painful, especially with the Open Carry Texas movement in Texas right now, something I've always been really for, I can't participate in person only remotely without a rifle lol. I'm just bitching, I want to shoot something, somewhere, the thought to hit the range is not only a desire but a NEED... Have you ever lost your collection only to start over?
@33 I've only been busted once.. Only had one gun then and it survived. What I did lose was a 95 GT mustang an 87 5.0 mustang and my house as a result of losing my job.. Boss was also my landlord.. Lotsa lessons learned in that debacle..
Just hang tough man.. The lessons learned from this experience will help you in future experiences. Keep on keeping on.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

i had to sell 90% of my guns after a bad car wreck in 1990 to pay for expenses for being out of work and getting a new ride.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1302 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 2723

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
Sucks to hear so many have sold firearms in order to survive. I'm not in a great money position right now myself but will never consider selling my firearms... hope things get better for you OP
One thing life has taught me is to never ever say "never". It's great to think you never would have to sell them but sometimes they have to go whether you want them to or not. And if it ever gets to that point, that's when you'll realize they are just guns and can be replaced. The most important things are family, friends, and good health. Everything else in life is just a bonus.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #29

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I sold Guitars the first time. The second time at least I didn't go through it alone! My wife And I managed, went through a ch.7, and came out on the other side. 6 Years later we own a House, 2 Cars, and a new life in Az. Still sold 2 more Guitars and a host of other stuff before leaving NY 20 Months ago, and Since the Mz. is awaiting Disability now,..we had to sell some collectibles,...but life goes on!
I sold two precious Paul Reed Smiths before the guns.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #30
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3264 Times on 2219 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82
Lost my job once. The boys were for 4 and 9. I found a new job one month later. I got lucky. I've always complained too much. Maybe I shouldn't.
I consider myself "lucky" that I came off active duty and had already had a job interview while on leave that summer, to go to work in the school system in NYC in a "training on the job while attending college" position in a Spec. Ed. School in the South Bronx....it's all the "Extra" jobs I had trouble keeping......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
TLuker Likes This