I'm sad, feeling pretty down. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I'm sad, feeling pretty down.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3358 Times on 2272 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus
Last 6 months have been rough, I've almost lost everything and it's still not good, I've had to sell every gun I have to stay above water, besides an old trusty shotty that ain't worth a damn to anyone but me anyhow. I'm still fully in love with firearms, that hasn't been quelled so it's kinda painful, especially with the Open Carry Texas movement in Texas right now, something I've always been really for, I can't participate in person only remotely without a rifle lol.

I'm just bitching, I want to shoot something, somewhere, the thought to hit the range is not only a desire but a NEED...

Have you ever lost your collection only to start over?
Brother, I was there in 1987, so I feel your pain. I had a Sep.pending divorce from Wife#1 AND Lost my Dad to Heart Attack#4 in the Space of 2 months. Then Wound up Staying(home) an extra year after moving back home to save $ to get my own place, Thought I was Also helping my Mom out Financially while she was waiting for My Dad's Life Ins. to pay out. Instead My Mom took it as an insult. Didn't loose any Guns Thk. GD,...but lost a lot of almost everything else....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I'm so sorry brother. Keep on keepin' on, and I'm sure everything will be better before you know it. Hang in there, and know you have a support network here if you need it.

Always have clean socks.

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #13

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
In my life, I have been financially busted twice. Hang in there, you will recover and come back stronger than before. It is very depressing and can affect your feelings of self-worth, and that is normal. Patton was famous for saying "don't give council to your fears." Life gives us tests from time to time, out of the tests come lessons to prepare for the next test.

This too shall pass.
Amen brother, you're not beaten until you accept defeat. What seems to be lost today can always be regained tomorrow if you don't quit.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 09-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #14

Liked 2105 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Last 6 months have been rough, I've almost lost everything and it's still not good, I've had to sell every gun I have to stay above water, besides an old trusty shotty that ain't worth a damn to anyone but me anyhow. I'm still fully in love with firearms, that hasn't been quelled so it's kinda painful, especially with the Open Carry Texas movement in Texas right now, something I've always been really for, I can't participate in person only remotely without a rifle lol.

I'm just bitching, I want to shoot something, somewhere, the thought to hit the range is not only a desire but a NEED...

Have you ever lost your collection only to start over?

You bet. Lost half a collection in a divorce and ended up selling the rest for the usual reasons.
It definitely stinks. Hang in there.

Gone turducken huntin'

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #15

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 1407

I have also been financially busted twice.
it's not a good experience and most of the people at my work can't relate to it.

Best of luck to you.
if you are unemployed (as I surmise) between sending off resumes find a good used book store and then buy a whole bunch of books of one series.

Like the Dresden files series starting at volume 1, "Stormfront"
or the Destroyermen series starting at volume 1, "Into the Storm"
or if you like High Fantasy the "Elric saga" from Michael Moorcook starting with vol 1 "Elric of Melnibone"

Or even the Deathlands series ( though from a quality standpoint it pales in comparison to the above ones however there are LOTS of them available and the plots are post apocalyptic.)

that's how I kept my sanity.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1170 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 697

Sucks to hear so many have sold firearms in order to survive. I'm not in a great money position right now myself but will never consider selling my firearms... hope things get better for you OP

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1
Sucks to hear so many have sold firearms in order to survive. I'm not in a great money position right now myself but will never consider selling my firearms... hope things get better for you OP
While it wouldn't be fun to sell off firearms... I would do what I would have to do for my family.

But firearms would be some of the last things to go. The motorcycle would be first. Then a car. Then the TV.

At the end of the day, while firearms are important to me, my family is more important.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 09-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #18

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
Sorry to hear, Weibel...
When I lost everything, I managed to keep my G30 and Rem .308, but not much else......including house.
It does get better, driven in no small part by ones dissatisfaction of current position, income, burdens, ...love life for some, lifestyle for others.
Where abouts in Texas are you?
Central, Belton to be Exact.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez
I have also been financially busted twice.
it's not a good experience and most of the people at my work can't relate to it.

Best of luck to you.
if you are unemployed (as I surmise) between sending off resumes find a good used book store and then buy a whole bunch of books of one series.

Like the Dresden files series starting at volume 1, "Stormfront"
or the Destroyermen series starting at volume 1, "Into the Storm"
or if you like High Fantasy the "Elric saga" from Michael Moorcook starting with vol 1 "Elric of Melnibone"

Or even the Deathlands series ( though from a quality standpoint it pales in comparison to the above ones however there are LOTS of them available and the plots are post apocalyptic.)

that's how I kept my sanity.
Did you know that a (reasonably) famous Rock Band wrote a song based on Elric? Check out Blue Oyster Cult's Mirrors Album,...Song is called BLACK BLADE,..also on the Live album ETL....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1
I sold Guitars the first time. The second time at least I didn't go through it alone! My wife And I managed, went through a ch.7, and came out on the other side. 6 Years later we own a House, 2 Cars, and a new life in Az. Still sold 2 more Guitars and a host of other stuff before leaving NY 20 Months ago, and Since the Mz. is awaiting Disability now,..we had to sell some collectibles,...but life goes on!