Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I'm PISSED!!!!!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/im-pissed-16168/)

stalkingbear 07-27-2009 12:30 AM

I'm PISSED!!!!!!!

It seems that not only has someone in england gained access to my bankcard # & racked up a BUNCH of charges, they also seem to have my name,address,& phone # to open more bank accts in my name! The bank & fbi called me along with 1 of the stores that 3 cards in my name racked up almost 2K in charges. I'm in the middle of getting it straightened out but it's a painful, slowwww process. What I'd REALLY like is at least 1/2 hour inside a locked room with them!

paganwolf 07-27-2009 12:36 AM

Damn!! That sux. Hope you get it all straightened out and that there are no lasting effects on your credit. A$$wipes like that need to be hung by the balls!!

Shotgun Shooter 07-27-2009 12:37 AM

That sucks. I was recently scammed out of $150. But $2k? That sucksss. Hope you get it worked out.

S.S.

skullcrusher 07-27-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalkingbear (Post 134778)
It seems that not only has someone in england gained access to my bankcard # & racked up a BUNCH of charges, they also seem to have my name,address,& phone # to open more bank accts in my name! The bank & fbi called me along with 1 of the stores that 3 cards in my name racked up almost 2K in charges. I'm in the middle of getting it straightened out but it's a painful, slowwww process. What I'd REALLY like is at least 1/2 hour inside a locked room with them!

That sucks, bear. A few months ago, someone on the left coast got ahold of my wife's debit card # and charged almost $400.00 to a store out there. She keeps an eye on stuff, so she caught it and stopped any more charges. We got our money back, but it still sucks.

I hope they catch the bloody theif and turn them over to you. It won't solve anything, just make you feel better and send a message to other slimebags out there.

UnderFire 07-27-2009 01:17 AM

stalkingbear,

I feel for ya'...
a few month's ago I received a monthly statement from one of my credit cards and found an extra $1600 worth of charges. I call up the cc bank to find out that the charges were all internet purchases. I had to go through the long process of refusing the charges. Eventually my account was cleared of the charges, it was a pain what I had to go through to clear my account.
The daily calls to & from the cc bank were aggravating enough. According to my cc bank the charges were under $500 and were days apart so it didn't set off any alarms. The cc bank ended up creating a new account for me with new account number & cards.

Hope you get it all worked out soon. ;)

ktmboyz 07-27-2009 01:24 AM

Holy s--t that sucks!! Hope it all gets straightened out for ya, that's one of my worst fear is identity theft. Its not like someone stealing from you local and you can get the satisfaction of going over and knocking their teeth out.

JoshX3Magazine 07-27-2009 01:34 AM

Man I'm sorry...something like this happened to me once and thank God it wasn't as serious as what you are going through, but it was a massive eye-opener. Hate to hear you're dealing with something so horrible.

Hope everything works out for the best...as best it can be anyway.

My best advice to everyone is to hook up with someone like Identity Guard ... I know I did and it's a great way to monitor your credit, your risks and that sort of thing.

Josh

stalkingbear 07-27-2009 01:41 AM

I figured that since I thought my credit sucked, that I was immune to it but I was wrong. Who knows, maybe they improved my credit score?:rolleyes:

Bigguns911 07-27-2009 01:45 AM

What a Bit*, The thing I hate the most with all of this stuff is the as*holes are very hard if not impossible to find and charge. Some departments have full time officers working on just this kind of stuff. Most of the time small departments do not have the ability, knowledge or resources to take care of this stuff. They forward the info to the locale FBI and the FBI does what they do with it. Along with ID guard it is a good idea to run a credit report on your self at lest one time in a year. Also check with you back and make sure you have some kind of insurance to cover such things. Good luck with all the and god help the suckas* if you find him/her.

CA357 07-27-2009 02:09 AM

I think you'd only need ten minutes with them, if that. ;) Best of luck Bear.

I got burned for around eight grand about five years ago. We got it sorted out, but it sucks.