I'm JD & I Don't Have A Problem! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

I'm JD & I Don't Have A Problem!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10746 Times on 4649 Posts
Likes Given: 1755

I spent yesterday caring for my lady- she is disabled, so I spent the day doing laundry, cooking, grocery shopping, taking down/ putting up curtains, watering her flowers, changing bed linens, etc ad infinitum.

Today i spent helping my youngest son- water heater crapped out last night, so spent today with him buying a water heater, getting old one out, plumbing and electrical for new one(of course the damned thing is 1 INCH shorter than the old one, so had to go back and buy some 3/4 inch copper, elbows, fittings, etc) and hauling the old one to the dump. And along the way, teaching him how to cut pipe, ream, solder, etc

At the moment, I want to sit on my butt, have a Diet Pepsi, and roam thru the gun forums, since I did not go shooting this weekend. If that is an addiction, KMA.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:52 AM   #22

I remember when the high school put my son in Anger Management because he bounced a gang member's head off a desk for shoving him around. They did this without telling us, or even telling us about the incident in class. When we found out, I asked my son about it. He said, "I HATE Anger Management. It PISSES ME OFF!!"

I was actually rolling on the floor laughing out loud. We took him out of school the next day and he started working with me delivering restaurant kitchen installations, and I home schooled him at night. He kicked ass on the big AIMS test, and now he's been working for years as a heavy equipment mechanic. He went out and got the job starting as a lube assistant and worked his way up, learning to weld, etc. Schools nowadays need a serious dose of reality. Between that and lazy parenting, everybody's got some kind of excuse up their ass.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:02 AM   #23

I'm starting an OWA (Obama Worship Addiction) 12 step program, but I don't have any clients yet-they all seem to think they're normal...