Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I'm getting too old for this! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/im-getting-too-old-6846/)

c3shooter 09-07-2008 10:04 PM

I'm getting too old for this!

Well, had promised my shooting buddy a trip to the King's Dominion park before the end of summer- she is one of my grandaughters- age 12, going on 27. Dates we had set got rained out, but today the remains of the tropical storm had blown out, so away we went.

If I decide to do something like this again, would one of you kind gents please whack me with a ball bat, or gently pop me with a taser?

Kid shows great promise- have not decided if the promise is being a serial killer or a test pilot. She wanted to ride EVERY roller coaster in the park. Park has a numerical rating system for the rides, 1-5, with 5 being rated to make an Apache gunship pilot airsick. We started with the Rebel Yell, worked our way thru the Grizzly, Hurly, Anaconda, Dominator, etc etc etc- and worked our way DOWN to the Scooby Doo coaster.

She has a huge grin on her face, loved every minute of every ride. I will have a huge grin on MY face as soon as the Vicodin kicks in. Lord, last time I hurt this bad, my chute failed to collapse after landing, and the wind dragged me over a small cliff. :eek: G'night, all.

dango 09-07-2008 11:12 PM

Haaa- Haa-ha

Very,very funny.Once took my nephew`s son back-packing.Enough said.Very funny though.:D

cpttango30 09-08-2008 12:28 AM

Oh man the faster bigger the better when it comes to me and Roller coasters. WOO HOO. I will ride anything once but most of the time it is two or three times that I go.

I hit one at Hershey Park a few years ago. It shot you off at 75+MPH for about 50' then you went stright up it was so much fun. I can ride all day long myself. I think I might take the kids to King's Dominion next summer. WOO HOO.

Dillinger 09-08-2008 01:28 AM

I too love the fast, totally out of control roller coasters. I rode the Nascar roller coaster in Vegas, along with the Slingshot @ the Circus Circus. The Slingshot needs to be ridden at night, when it's dark, to truly experience the pucker factor... LOL

King Dominion has officially made my travel list as of reading this post. I intend on riding each level 5, or "E" ticket for you old salts, roller coaster before the end of my days....

JD

cpttango30 09-08-2008 03:09 AM

Let me know when you get back here and we will go and shoot some guns maybe even get a few ground hogs for ya.

bkt 09-08-2008 10:30 AM

Is this the one in Virginia? I've been there, but it has been years. I gotta get back and hit those coasters!! :D

Dillinger 09-08-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 39649)
Let me know when you get back here and we will go and shoot some guns maybe even get a few ground hogs for ya.

Sweet. That sounds like a great vacation get away...

Thanks cpt!

JD

tuck2 09-09-2008 01:27 AM

I m 73 years old with two great grand sons. One is 8 Mo old and the other is nearly four years. I ll pass on takeing them to any rides.

cpttango30 09-09-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuck2 (Post 39789)
I m 73 years old with two great grand sons. One is 8 Mo old and the other is nearly four years. I ll pass on takeing them to any rides.

Shoot at 65 years old my father was taking grandkids on rides. Now you will not catch my stepmom on a ride to saver her life.

BigO01 09-09-2008 06:21 PM

Roller coasters kind of lost their appeal at about the age of 8 or 9 on my first visit to Six Flags when they opened the Park in Missouri .

Here we were walking through the park when suddenly we hear a women yelling "look at that" and pointing and looking up .

The parks biggest Roller Coaster had broken down at the top of the highest hill and all of the passengers were having to walk down the tracks !!

After that my answer was "No thanks , I'll pass" when asked to ride one .