Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I'm getting tired of all the panic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Can I get an AMEN!

Old 01-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #12

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

IMHO, the weapons ban is a done deal and will be approved by congress and if not will be sent to the Supreme Court. The planned AWB will limit the types of weapon allowed, ownership will be limited through a registration approval / disapproval of those who can justify a need process, increased registration fees, increased taxes on all guns and associated gun equipment and supplies. Just like they have done on tobacco items. Did the tobacco tax cause a march on D.C.?

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #13

Liked 37 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I spent some time last night drafting honest letters to my representatives In Washington about my opposition to any legislation regarding gun restrictions of any kind. What's happening in Washington is a knee jerk reaction to something terrible, they feel the pressure to act, and now. It took a grand total of two hours to draft and revise my letters. A small price to pay to ensure my son enjoys the same liberties I have. The best thing we can do is stop with the hoarding and panic buying and selling. Instead, spend the two hours and come up with a reasonable, well thought out, and coherent argument against this hasty legislation. Then, send your carefully constructed letters to your district state representative and senators. Actually-write-and-send them-letters. They work for us, and they depend on our votes to keep their jobs. Make yourself, an individual voting citizen, heard. If enough of us do it it makes a difference.

I have no idea how that hole got there.

RJMercer Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
Kai

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I have already started sending emails to my reps, etc.
Sending anything to the Feinsteins, etc. in the political world is generally a waste of time imo. They like others of their ilk have their minds made up and you won't change them especially from out of their voting area.

I prefer to talk to people that represent me and I have the ability to vote for/against and support or not. They are more likely to at least listen.

We lose our rights and elections because we generally don't vote, are too busy to support people we do vote for, when we vote thus are outnumbered and outvoted.
Obama won with 51% of the vote...that is it...and that is only of those that bothered to vote. Imagine if we all stood up to be counted where it really matters...in the voting booth and we "all" supported and voted for people that supported our views. It would be a different world.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #15

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
Did the tobacco tax cause a march on D.C.?
Last time I checked there wasn't an amendment to the Constitution that said "the right of the people to keep and use tobacco shall not be infringed".

Old 01-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #16

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I’ve been trying to write out a letter or two as well, but so far, it’s not going well. This is a big enough issue that we should be writing to anybody who’s name shows up on our ballet. That does include Mr. Biden and Mr. Obama.

As for panic buying, ammo is so scarce around here that I haven’t been able to restock what I have used in the past month.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
Kai

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

There won't be any marches. We are too busy working...most of the marchers are either on govt support of some sort or employees of govt agencies, etc...oh I guess they are also on govt support they just don't usually sit home all day doing nothing...they do that at "work".

Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I'm tired of not being able to find ammo, or even reloading supplies for .223/5.56.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #19

Liked 707 Times on 455 Posts
Likes Given: 227

I do not think a bill could pass thru both houses of Congress. But I feel strongly that Obama will either do an EO or change the regulations that the BATFE uses. So the panic may be justified. I did no panic buying. I did sell one of my old guns. If private sales are outlawed it will make it hard to sell your private collection.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #20

Liked 468 Times on 249 Posts
Likes Given: 102

I keep hearing about the dreaded EO but I think the best time for it would have been following Sandy Hook. I think if Obama had the means to pass it and make it stick he wouldn't hesitate. More than likely a lot of Democrats realize this is a loser issue and even Obama can see the way the wind is blowing.

I see an EO being challenged in court pretty quickly. The precedent Obama does NOT want to set during his time is having the Supreme Court overrule an EO. That is a tool that is too powerful to give up easily and continued abuse will eventually get it scrutinized.