Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I'm getting tired of all the panic (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/im-getting-tired-all-panic-79916/)

CrazedJava 12-31-2012 04:52 PM

I'm getting tired of all the panic

I keep seeing all these threads that say "Should I do [X] because of the upcoming AWB?" or "Since Obama is still in office should I do [X]"

[X] equals anything to buying every magazine over 10 rounds, to buying guns, to buying ammo, to avoiding giving out certain information, etc. etc.

I really wish all gun owners would take a collective deep breath.

The ONLY thing you need to do right now is get in the fight. Write your representatives and start spreading the word on social media.

There are two bills about to be presented. One by the Congress and one by the Senate. One is a new AWB the other is a ban on "High capacity" magazines.

Both bills will be presented on Jan 3rd. Neither bill will even go for a vote if Boehner and Reid refuse to let them. Even if they are introduced, it could be months of negotiations before a vote is even held.

Now, frankly, I hope they are both DOA on Jan 3rd and we can go about our business.

However, the general freak out is not constructive.

HOSSFLY 12-31-2012 04:54 PM

Thank you ;)

25-5 12-31-2012 05:01 PM

I also thank you!.............

Mosin 12-31-2012 05:06 PM

Time to write Reid and Boehner!!!!!!

silverado113 12-31-2012 05:06 PM

Should I write X since he doesn't care about my rights....lol sorry I couldn't help it.

jackrich3 12-31-2012 05:13 PM

I don't worry about Obamba, he'll do what he's told. I'm more concerned about his picks for the Supreme Court. They could wreak havoc on our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Stillersfan 12-31-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedJava (Post 1073570)
I keep seeing all these threads that say "Should I do [X] because of the upcoming AWB?" or "Since Obama is still in office should I do [X]"

[X] equals anything to buying every magazine over 10 rounds, to buying guns, to buying ammo, to avoiding giving out certain information, etc. etc.

I really wish all gun owners would take a collective deep breath.

The ONLY thing you need to do right now is get in the fight. Write your representatives and start spreading the word on social media.

There are two bills about to be presented. One by the Congress and one by the Senate. One is a new AWB the other is a ban on "High capacity" magazines.

Both bills will be presented on Jan 3rd. Neither bill will even go for a vote if Boehner and Reid refuse to let them. Even if they are introduced, it could be months of negotiations before a vote is even held.

Now, frankly, I hope they are both DOA on Jan 3rd and we can go about our business.

However, the general freak out is not constructive.

Well said brother ... :)

firedawg60 12-31-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackrich3 (Post 1073596)
I don't worry about Obamba, he'll do what he's told. I'm more concerned about his picks for the Supreme Court. They could wreak havoc on our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Unless he waves his magic wand and says "romper stomper bomper boo". He gets pretty loose with the EO's.:(

silverado113 12-31-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedawg60 (Post 1073608)
Unless he waves his magic wand and says "romper stomper bomper boo". He gets pretty loose with the EO's.:(

Technically he's on track to write less than W.

bamashooter68 01-01-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackrich3 (Post 1073596)

Thats the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard Soterro won.