Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I'm dirty and smell of gun oil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum
It's in good condition -- the latest date I can find on it is an 1859 patent date.
Brother I'm jealous. Sucks that his passing is the circumstance under which you're going to get some of the guns, but I guess they should definitely go to someone who will enjoy and cherish them.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 151

See if you used Frog Lube you would have that fresh minty smell.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2821 Times on 1936 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270
See if you used Frog Lube you would have that fresh minty smell.
Love that Frog Lube even at $17 a Pop.....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #14

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Simply pretty guns there TX(Psst! Don't tell anyone I wear NYG Gear in Arizona! More Cowboys fans here then in Dallas!) :-)But I don't have a Giants bedspread......
You a Giants fan? One of my buddies in Fort Worth played about six or seven season for the Giants . . . Marcus Buckley. Every year he and another buddy who worked my cigar shop there had a bet. If he Giant's beat the Cowboys, Buck's NYG helment had to be displayed in the shop for a week.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #15

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Yeah, I'm just the caretaker for the Sharps. For a couple of years before he died, Cin's father casually entertained several offers for the gun, but he didn't need to sell and nobody met his price. When he was in the hospital for his last stay -- the one he didn't come home from -- Cin, the kid, and I were visiting him. The kid had just passed her driver's test. Don looked at me and asked, "What do you think we could sell the Sharps for?" I sad, its your gun, you can do what you want with it, but why would you want to sell it?" He said "Well, [kid's name] needs a car".

Cin stepped up and told him that she had the money to buy her a car, but instead of selling it mebbe she would rather have the gun as a heirloom. He asked the kid whether she would rather have the rifle or the money, and she choose the gun.

So I just hold the Sharps under a sort of stewardship, preserving it for the kid and future generations. Don still shot the Sharps occasionally, and one of these weekends I'll try my hand at making the paper cartridges it uses.

Last edited by txpossum; 07-25-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #16
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2821 Times on 1936 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum

You a Giants fan? One of my buddies in Fort Worth played about six or seven season for the Giants . . . Marcus Buckley. Every year he and another buddy who worked my cigar shop there had a bet. If he Giant's beat the Cowboys, Buck's NYG helment had to be displayed in the shop for a week.
I was a 3rd gen. seasons tixx holder, then a member of the Giants "Beat" media for close to 2 decades....Remember Mr. Buckley well...

I also run the Facebook Page for former NY Jet Joe Klecko's hall of fame Bid, and am preparing to launch one for Phil Simms' eventual HOF bid....prob. roll it out the same time as my new Football Blog(college/pro & the Draft) even though i won't be attending anymore drafts with Credential..

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-25-2013 at 10:50 PM.