You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

I'm blessed, but need suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2017, 04:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 1030 Posts

Default I'm blessed, but need suggestions

So my twins turn 15 tomorrow and I asked them to think of something they want but I want it to be something that will further who they want to be, not just stuff. One asked for dance lessons and I'm all for it, learn to express yourself! The other asked for wood burning kit and tools to make her own furniture.... YES!!!! Don't think I'm going to run out and get her a table saw and router but I do have a detail sander still in the box Anyone have any suggestions on deluxe wood burning kit, I'm not one to skimp.... thx!!!!

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2017, 06:26 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 9945 Times on 4949 Posts
Likes Given: 38715

Maybe self defense classes ..! It builds healthy mind , body and good self control . Good for being respectful , confidence , helps shape their future if they're into that sort of thing .....? That my friend is a very tough question ...!

Tech toys , man , I really don't know , maybe ask some of their friends discretely ! Good luck and prayers by the ton ....! Air brush , a great artsy tool for whatever she may create ...? Wood burning and Exact-O carving knives , not too exspensive either .....YO .....!

Again , tons of prayers coming your way .......girls , Eeeeek....!

Last edited by dango; 01-11-2017 at 06:34 AM.
gunman41mag Likes This 
Old 01-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 11794 Times on 6953 Posts
Likes Given: 17731

Maybe try Googling wood burning sets and see how they are reviewed.
dango Likes This 
Old 01-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #4

Liked 4188 Times on 2435 Posts
Likes Given: 1092

I have a Weller wood burning kit that comes with quite a few different tools for texturing as well as calligraphy type tips. I can't say it's the best kit out there or the worst. It's just the one I have.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5429 Times on 2557 Posts
Likes Given: 2641

Tank

How about getting them their very own gun. Recommendation = Ruger 10-22 rifle and 1" scope. Today they have them in various colors regarding the stock. Pink and all! Get them involved with the shooting sports. You may have already done that and if so disregard this idea.
As you know the enjoyment of a parent buying a kids first gun is an amazing thing both rewarding for the parent and certainly that special young person.
The sport teaches a lot of things. Like the importance of safety, enjoyment, confidence, challenge, responsibility, and most important something a family can do together which leaves good memories for many years to come. That is one thing we will never loose or anyone can take away from us. And usually that gun becomes a family heirloom as many of mine are from my Grandpa! Who took me hunting and shooting and gave me my first gun. Which I still have that gun and some of his others I was given later now some 50 years later. But like yesterday I still remember the good times in the field hunting and shooting with Grandpa. And most definitely for sure when he handed me my first gun. Just a thought regarding a gift! Tell the Girls Happy Birthday from the Old Sniper03 and I am sure all of us here on the FTF! God Bless them!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed. Unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.”
James Madison. Author of the 2nd Amendment

Last edited by Sniper03; 01-11-2017 at 03:34 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-11-2017, 09:33 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13223 Times on 6841 Posts
Likes Given: 12806

It's their birthday. Get them what they want!

(Or if you can afford it,get them each an accuracy International .338 LaPua! )
Old 01-11-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
hmh

Liked 324 Times on 212 Posts

I have a Weller sodering station you can get wood burning tip for. That way if it doesn't last you have a nice useful tool.
dango Likes This 
Old 01-12-2017, 02:11 AM   #8

Liked 2056 Times on 1030 Posts

My wife introduced both of them to Hobby lobby tonight. They had an absolute blast and came home with a mustache Pineda. They're having a slumber party on Saturday so me and my wife are going to secretly fill the piñata with baby carrots and Brussel sprouts

locutus Likes This