im becoming that person i never said i would :/

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > im becoming that person i never said i would :/

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default im becoming that person i never said i would :/

ya that title should read "im becoming the person i said i never would"...were is my head at tonite!
well you probably got a bad feeling from the title but this is a bit more light hearted than that.As a kid(im 22 now) i hated when those older than me tried to share or tell me i was doin wrong,i still get it today from my family and my friends who are older than me..and i honestly hate it but alas i find myself doing it these days .I know a few people under 18 who make stupid choices, **** ive done and learned from..and i'll find myself lecturing like i hated people doing to me, to these kids bout it like an old man..wtf is happening to me! uggghhh...guess it happens as you get older but i swore id never be that guy. Oh well..im happy to be able to pass on the wisdom ive learned in my short 22 yrs,if it can help...end of my lil bored rant/topic,you may no commemce the reply's

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Last edited by REDMIST89; 10-11-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7663 Times on 4605 Posts
Likes Given: 9576

You have a long road ahead of you.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #3

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
You have a long road ahead of you.
that ik that ik but it is a road i gladly travel

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 10-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #4

Liked 2697 Times on 1217 Posts
Likes Given: 2595

At least you are learning from your mistakes/bad choices. Too many never do.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7663 Times on 4605 Posts
Likes Given: 9576

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
At least you are learning from your mistakes/bad choices. Too many never do.
I do. See my signature?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #6

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This is actually a good thing I think. I'm 27, and have made some mistakes (mostly financial) and I try to help those younger than me to keep from making the same mistakes I did. Too many of them don't listen. I'm still recovering from my mistakes, and I'm almost out of the grave (my credit still sucks though)

My inlaws are twice my age, made the same mistakes, watched me do the same, and they are STILL doing the same stupid stuff. Now they are completely flat broke and busted, and looking at living on the street. They want help from me, and I simply can't give it to them, because I have to look out for me and mine first and I don't have the money to spare. Some people never learn.

Lucky for you and I, we HAVE learned from our own experiences and are still plenty young enough to put our lessons to good use.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3050 Times on 1526 Posts
Likes Given: 356

I've been there. I found it to be a bit annoying when I was younger. The thing to remember is that those lecturing are trying to help you. Now, you are in the opposite position, I assume that you are trying to help those you find youself lecturing. It's not a bad thing. Would you sleep better letting little Johnny stick his winky in a buzzsaw if you thought your advice could prevent it?
Don't sweat it. My son says that I'm starting to sound like Walter (Jeff Dunham's puppet) more everyday. Life's like that.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #8

I'll tell you something that I've come to learn in my 24 years on this god forsaken planet, "I hate regrets more than apologies".

William C.A.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #9

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
I've been there. I found it to be a bit annoying when I was younger. The thing to remember is that those lecturing are trying to help you. Now, you are in the opposite position, I assume that you are trying to help those you find youself lecturing. It's not a bad thing. Would you sleep better letting little Johnny stick his winky in a buzzsaw if you thought your advice could prevent it?
Don't sweat it. My son says that I'm starting to sound like Walter (Jeff Dunham's puppet) more everyday. Life's like that.
It's funny you say that. My name is Walter and I've been accused of sounding and looking like him too (apparently I have a grumpy face that's real similar to his regular face)

Old 10-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience most often comes as a result of a lot of bad judgment.

When someone older than you who is, in your opinion, reasonably successful tries to share their experience with you in order to help you, listen. In my youth, I resented being lectured. I wish I had listened more closely now that I'm in my mid-40s. It would have saved me several years of screw-ups.

Passing experience on to younger folks is normal. Don't feel bad about it. Learning how to do it in a way the person will be receptive to you is the real trick.