Im amazed this cop didnt get shot
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Im amazed this cop didnt get shot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Im amazed this cop didnt get shot

The good stuff starts around 2:50, but you should watch the whole video to see if you can figure out why the cop would do this the way he did.

Basicly, this is a helmet cam video from someone on a motorcycle, he is doing what sports bike riders always do, speeding, popping wheelies, the normal, whatever no one got hurt. So a person nearly runs him off of the road and then hops out with gun in hand... How would you have reacted?

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2011, 04:50 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Meh. He had a state trooper pulling him over, right behind him. And the officer with the gun pulled out didn't 'nearly run him off the road' he simply blocked him from taking off again.

I do think the officer with the gun should have identified himself as police as soon as he came out of the vehicle, and before he started telling the guy to get off the bike, but that was pretty minor.

As far as getting shot? the guy on the bike would have to have a pretty brassy set if he is going to draw down with gloves on at that point. The cop pretty much had the drop on him by the time there was a gun involved.

I do think it was a little excessive for a mere 80 something MPH stop.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 06-13-2011, 04:53 AM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Got to be honest, I have to side with Johnie Law on this one.

The guy was speeding (documented several times); changing lanes without signaling (several times); wheelies (not a big deal to me unless you lose control and do $250K worth of damage - which is like hitting 4 SUVs these days); and he KNEW he was guilty by the look back on the off ramp.

As far as "getting shot"??

Given the criteria above, knowing you are guilty, having passed a cop, chosen an off ramp, looking back to see "if you were followed" and then a guy pulls up and announces he is a Stater with a standard issue Glock??

If you were on a super bike, and I love me a good quality super bike, guilty as hell and wanted to pull a weapon against a guy who IDENTIFIED himself as a State Trooper, with weapon drawn but NOT pointed at you, within SIX SECONDS??

Sorry brother, I am all for individual freedom, but I don't see any "police abuse" on this one.....

JD

Old 06-13-2011, 04:59 AM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts

As long as no one gets hurt it's OK to break the law. Not all sport bike riders pop wheelies and speed, that is a large group of people to clump together, because of a few idiots who think it is cool to ride like an idiot and make those that follow the rules of the road get looked at like they are a bunch of road racing fools.
Where is the sound up until he gets out of the car? Why did he look back behind him in the end just before he was pulled along side and the other State Trooper was right behind him also. He pointed out the Trooper in the video. He wasn't nearly run off the road. Looked like he was coming to a stop.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:02 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I was more so talking about the dude in the unmarked car hoping out and pulling out his gun and shouting commands before anouncing he was a cop. If he had got out and yelled "im a cop!" first then it would have been all cool and dandy.. Im just saying that some dude hops out of a plain car in plain clothes and pulls his gun and starts yelling at me, the thought of pulling my pistol would be the very first across my mind. As opposed to a guy hopping out with badge in one hand identifying himself, then it would be understandable. Motorcycles (as with all vehicles) can be used as a lethal weapon.

The kicker though is that apparently they tried to slap him with some kind of felony "illegal wiretapping" or something because of this video. Another judge dropped that charge though.

Edit: The other judge didnt drop the charge, he overturned it...

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Cory2; 06-13-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #6

Liked 100 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

So no flashing lights, also no uniform? If some random person were to pull up next to you jump out with a Glock and say state police are any of you going to bow before him? not very smart on the cop side and no need for a gun draw on the biker, John Wayne must be having a bad day, and it looks like he is off duty to me also.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
So no flashing lights, also no uniform?
Unmarked is just that, unmarked. Plain Clothes Cops. Ever heard of them?
Did you see the grill or the upper portion of the windshields? I didn't see it in that video.
I do know that there are a number of unmarked cars that are very hard to tell they even have lights until they are on.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:38 AM   #8

Liked 100 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Unmarked is just that, unmarked. Plain Clothes Cops. Ever heard of them?
Did you see the grill or the upper portion of the windshields? I didn't see it in that video.
I do know that there are a number of unmarked cars that are very hard to tell they even have lights until they are on.
Sorry unmarked cars still have lights and strobes in the head and tail lights...thats how they pull you over.. have you ever seen one? and yes you can see the front of the car when he drives past... glasses Shihan..glasses

is this a unmarked car?

Or is he in to much of a rush to put his lights on to make it a legal stop?

Last edited by deathkricket; 06-13-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 AM   #9

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

The only thing wrong in this video I see is the State Trooper failing to identifying himself first. He does pull his weapon but he is not in uniform and not in a patrol vehicle so he could reasonably suspect some form of aggression against him. With that at no time does the Trooper exhibit any negligent or caress control of his sidearm and once the rider complies with his verbal orders he re-holsters it. But given the proximity of the marked Trooper right behind the biker I would say it's a minor flap (the biker should have been well enough aware that a marked troopers car was right behind him)

Now to those that of you who have brass ballz and insist you would pull out your gun in this situation may I suggest you do so the next time you are breaking the law and get stopped. Please by all means do it and do us the favor of clouding the gene pool with your stupidity!

Good day

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 06-13-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #10

Liked 2756 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2653

I'm more afraid of the idiots in the SUV's doing 80 than I am a guy on the bike. There should be no unmarked cars doing traffic stops. I'm sorry but the cops don't seem to know what they want. Unmarked cars here, guys in black masks there. Remember when you could tell what you were dealing with, like a cop in a uniform and a police car.

Does that cop pull his gun on everybody doing 10 mph over the speed limit or does he just hate people on bikes. I'll bet if the the speeder had been some ditzy 19 year old female in a SUV doing 80 (which by the way is far more dangerous to other motorists) he wouldn't have pulled his weapon.