Illinois Wisconsin Border - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Illinois Wisconsin Border

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Sounds fun. I'll see if I can find a range that will let us all in. Most times you have to be a member and you can bring in one guest. I'm going to start trying to put some things together. Get a local hotel for you all, too.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #12

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27
I will be if I ever get my FOID card. Sent it in Oct 20th and still waiting on it. I am down a ways on 90 about 5 miles from GAT Guns.
Magnum, they should have contacted you WITHIN 30 days eithor by sending u a foid card, by letter denying you a foid card, or by letter stating you're app is still under review. Mine was over 30 days, found ph# of deputy director on isp website or the like, and called. There it was, info just sitting in computer for weeks, aprooved but not released. Had it in my hands a couple days later.

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk

Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #13

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Maybe we could organize a mini Meet and Greet. I'd be glad to organize one for this spring. Anyone interested?
Great idea Winds! Let me know if you need help!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #14

Quick question guys. My residency is in illinois but i currently live in montana. Can i apply for a FOID card? Reason being i go back to illinois alot when im on leave and i might be moving back in a year after my enlistment and would like to have it done before i move back and also to be able to come back and go to the range with my friends when im on leave.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelRockRebel

Magnum, they should have contacted you WITHIN 30 days eithor by sending u a foid card, by letter denying you a foid card, or by letter stating you're app is still under review. Mine was over 30 days, found ph# of deputy director on isp website or the like, and called. There it was, info just sitting in computer for weeks, aprooved but not released. Had it in my hands a couple days later.

Thanks! I have been calling since last Wednesday and it has rang busy. Finally got through and they had a "109 minute wait to speak to a customer support rep". I HATE ILLINOIS!! Long story short - I made a ton of calls around the system and they said I have been approved and will have in 7-10 days.

They told me they have no idea why it was just stuck in the system. Supposedly approved 3 weeks ago.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:06 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 329 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
Quick question guys. My residency is in illinois but i currently live in montana. Can i apply for a FOID card? Reason being i go back to illinois alot when im on leave and i might be moving back in a year after my enlistment and would like to have it done before i move back and also to be able to come back and go to the range with my friends when im on leave.
My understanding is that you don't need a FOID card since you are active duty military. My BIL, Army, hunts on his active duty ID when he comes back during season. He is registered with Illinois as his home state. He buys a hunting license over the counter with his out of state drivers liscense and ID. You might want to check the IL DNR website.

Once your enlistment is up and if you decide to make Illinois your permanent residence, you'll have to get a FOID card.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 329 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelRockRebel View Post
Great idea Winds! Let me know if you need help!

I live down along the I-80 corridor but would definately be interested in a shooting get together. Not a problem to drive a couple hours north to shoot some guns and hangout.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
I live down along the I-80 corridor but would definately be interested in a shooting get together. Not a problem to drive a couple hours north to shoot some guns and hangout.
Whenever I can, I drive 6 hours down to Stalkingbear's to shoot with him in Kentucky. It's always worth the drive. You are welcome to come join us.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Maybe we could organize a mini Meet and Greet. I'd be glad to organize one for this spring. Anyone interested?
I'm up to it
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 AM   #20

Sounds like a plan "Winds..."