Illinois Wisconsin Border - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Illinois Wisconsin Border

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,869
Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Default

Sounds fun. I'll see if I can find a range that will let us all in. Most times you have to be a member and you can bring in one guest. I'm going to start trying to put some things together. Get a local hotel for you all, too.

__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BelRockRebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 152
Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27
I will be if I ever get my FOID card. Sent it in Oct 20th and still waiting on it. I am down a ways on 90 about 5 miles from GAT Guns.
Magnum, they should have contacted you WITHIN 30 days eithor by sending u a foid card, by letter denying you a foid card, or by letter stating you're app is still under review. Mine was over 30 days, found ph# of deputy director on isp website or the like, and called. There it was, info just sitting in computer for weeks, aprooved but not released. Had it in my hands a couple days later.

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk
__________________
www.belrockcitygirl.com
Featuring: Second Amendment Sundays
BelRockRebel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BelRockRebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 152
Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
Maybe we could organize a mini Meet and Greet. I'd be glad to organize one for this spring. Anyone interested?
Great idea Winds! Let me know if you need help!

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk
__________________
www.belrockcitygirl.com
Featuring: Second Amendment Sundays
BelRockRebel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JMat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: great falls,montana
Posts: 25
Default

Quick question guys. My residency is in illinois but i currently live in montana. Can i apply for a FOID card? Reason being i go back to illinois alot when im on leave and i might be moving back in a year after my enlistment and would like to have it done before i move back and also to be able to come back and go to the range with my friends when im on leave.

__________________
JMat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Magnum27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelRockRebel

Magnum, they should have contacted you WITHIN 30 days eithor by sending u a foid card, by letter denying you a foid card, or by letter stating you're app is still under review. Mine was over 30 days, found ph# of deputy director on isp website or the like, and called. There it was, info just sitting in computer for weeks, aprooved but not released. Had it in my hands a couple days later.

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk
Thanks! I have been calling since last Wednesday and it has rang busy. Finally got through and they had a "109 minute wait to speak to a customer support rep". I HATE ILLINOIS!! Long story short - I made a ton of calls around the system and they said I have been approved and will have in 7-10 days.

They told me they have no idea why it was just stuck in the system. Supposedly approved 3 weeks ago.
__________________
Magnum27 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:06 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
aandabooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,500
Liked 329 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
Quick question guys. My residency is in illinois but i currently live in montana. Can i apply for a FOID card? Reason being i go back to illinois alot when im on leave and i might be moving back in a year after my enlistment and would like to have it done before i move back and also to be able to come back and go to the range with my friends when im on leave.
My understanding is that you don't need a FOID card since you are active duty military. My BIL, Army, hunts on his active duty ID when he comes back during season. He is registered with Illinois as his home state. He buys a hunting license over the counter with his out of state drivers liscense and ID. You might want to check the IL DNR website.

Once your enlistment is up and if you decide to make Illinois your permanent residence, you'll have to get a FOID card.
__________________
aandabooks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
aandabooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,500
Liked 329 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelRockRebel View Post
Great idea Winds! Let me know if you need help!

Sent by BelRockRebel on the DROID RAZR using FirearmsTalk
I live down along the I-80 corridor but would definately be interested in a shooting get together. Not a problem to drive a couple hours north to shoot some guns and hangout.
__________________
aandabooks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,869
Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
I live down along the I-80 corridor but would definately be interested in a shooting get together. Not a problem to drive a couple hours north to shoot some guns and hangout.
Whenever I can, I drive 6 hours down to Stalkingbear's to shoot with him in Kentucky. It's always worth the drive. You are welcome to come join us.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Maybe we could organize a mini Meet and Greet. I'd be glad to organize one for this spring. Anyone interested?
I'm up to it
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ANGRYcanary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 273
Default

Sounds like a plan "Winds..."
__________________
The EARLY bird may get the worm... But the SECOND mouse gets the cheese..!!!
ANGRYcanary is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
non-illinois resident, temporarily living in illinois shooter2440 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 4 02-20-2012 08:58 PM
Looking For N. Illinois & S. Wisconsin smallbore shooters pccraig .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 13 11-16-2011 01:32 PM
Ranges in northern illinois/southern wisconsin PSYCHOFREAK3 Range Report 0 05-11-2010 10:48 PM
Border Guards maxwell The Club House 2 01-20-2009 10:06 PM