Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Illinois Concealed carry Ban Ruled Unconstitutional...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Winds...Looks like you can maybe get your ccw in 180 days....They have that long to draft a law legalizing concealed carry....Huff-Post CHICAGO....no Link at this time...sorry....

Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Not just good news, GREAT NEWS!!!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #13
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2060 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 744

Here's the news story in the Tribune.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-us-appeals-court-strikes-down-states-concealedcarry-ban-20121211,0,7034171.story

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5453 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

dont get too happy yet.

the criminals in charge of the state will liekly adopt a california ccw plan or a new york plan where no one but political cronies get one. or permit ccw but not within 5 miles of a school or government owned property including roadways or something along those lines.

you still have "ccw" but no average person can get one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2060 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
dont get too happy yet.

the criminals in charge of the state will liekly adopt a california ccw plan or a new york plan where no one but political cronies get one. or permit ccw but not within 5 miles of a school or government owned property including roadways or something along those lines.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #16

It's a big step forward in any case.
I am thinking that the law to be drafted will be forced to be very restrictive but again, it's reasonable slow steps will be taken.
My concern is, in the more dense areas, Chicago and local suburbs like my area(south side) that they stick to a SOLID class to train people who want to carry. While i know most appreciate a gun here and the intended uses for them. I don't think people who just "do it cause they can" are good. I think a weekend class is ideal, not sure what other states require.
With this you'll see certain taxing of ammo and fire arms too now. The state will compensate for those who didn't get to keep it their way.
Sadly, I am hoping to leave this area or even state once I graduate since our crime is pretty high, the drivers are obnoxious and the taxes are the highest in the country(2011 I think) but I understand most states have their problem areas.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #17

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 363

GOOD FOR YOU IL . Congrats. I bet the criminals in chi-ganistan are really nervous now people will be able to defend themselves.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1047 Posts
Likes Given: 868

The progressives will disregard the ruling just like they have in the past!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
dont get too happy yet.

I confirmed with my state Rep's office that it is a "Shall issue" ruling. Not a "May issue ". HUGE difference and great news!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #20

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

It is a HUGE step in the right direction, but I fear we are not out of the woods yet. I've been in this state too long to not be a skeptic. I am very happy and somewhat encouraged but I will wait to celebrate until I get my CCL in my pocket.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books