Illegal Stops occurring across USA? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Illegal Stops occurring across USA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a couple of questions and I mean no disrespect to any LEO anywhere. The question is " If you were instructed to confiscate any and all weapons from normal law-abiding citizens who have no criminal record or no ties to any criminal activity except choosing to retain their 2nd Amendment rights, would you do so?" If you would, please explain how you would justify doing so?

Old 11-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #92
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3586 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 400

I have an obligation to DISOBEY any unlawful order. Firearms confiscation from law abiding citizens is a violation of the 2nd Ammendment and as such ILLEGAL. So, NO, I would not participate in such an endeavor. I would likley be declared an outlaw myself and ordered to hand over my collection. The cops who know me would not want to participate in such an endeavor. It would be very costly. I would rather die a free man than live as a slave.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #93

Quote:
I have an obligation to DISOBEY any unlawful order.
I can surely appreciate that.

However, how many LEO do not disobey an order either because they are unaware it is unlawful or just because they choose not to? That is the real problem.

Last edited by stija; 11-04-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I would rather die a free man than live as a slave.
*** DITTO ***

Old 11-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I have an obligation to DISOBEY any unlawful order. Firearms confiscation from law abiding citizens is a violation of the 2nd Ammendment and as such ILLEGAL. So, NO, I would not participate in such an endeavor. I would likley be declared an outlaw myself and ordered to hand over my collection. The cops who know me would not want to participate in such an endeavor. It would be very costly. I would rather die a free man than live as a slave.
ABSOLUTELY A WONDERFUL AND PERFECT ANSWER

My respect for you just soared.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #96
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
ABSOLUTELY A WONDERFUL AND PERFECT ANSWER

My respect for you just soared.
+1.

It would have been nice if New Orleans' Finest had your appreciation for the rule of law just after the Katrina disaster.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

It appears as though you'll get a chance to prove out your philosophy...

Old 11-22-2008, 03:11 AM   #98
cbw

Default Here we go again at least in the Mdiwest

Posted Online: Nov. 21, 2008, 12:49 pm
Comment on this story | Print this story | Email this story

Submitted press release

POLICE ARE CRACKING DOWN DURING THANKSGIVING TRAVEL PERIOD

BETTENDORF IA– As the Thanksgiving travel period approaches, the Iowa Governor’s Traffic Safety Bureau supports the mobilization of more than 300 law enforcement agencies across the state in the effort to make this holiday safer for all motorists. The effort will take place November 24-30 and officers will be out in force along Iowa’s roadways to promote safe driving through the compliance of Iowa’s traffic laws.

This efforts is the first Special Traffic Enforcement Program (sTEP) event for 2008-2009) program year. Officers will focus on speed, seat belts, and drunk drivers. Each day, our law enforcement officers respond to collisions where the use of a safety belt would have reduced injuries or prevented loss of life. With the help of the motoring public, education, and law enforcement, Iowa has reached 92.9% seat belt usage, up from 91.4% a year ago. Please join us and remember to buckle up every time you travel along Iowa’s roadways day or night.

During the 2007 Thanksgiving holiday, there were 13 crashes with 16 fatalities and three of those were alcohol related. As of October 31, 2008, Iowa DOT has reported 323 fatalities, 24 less than a year ago.

During last year’s sTEP wave enforcement event, law enforcement officers from across the state reported 310 OWI violations, 1,627 seatbelt violations, 8,613 speed violations with 18,640 total traffic violations. There were 947 collisions covered along with 1,517 motor assists 36 felony and 112 narcotics arrest were made. Not only are law enforcement officers making our streets safe, they are making our communities safe as well.

For more information, please visit www.iowaagtsb.org and www.nhtsa.gov/link.ciot.htm or contact Randy Hunefeld, sTEP Coordinator, 515/725-6124.

Another working mans Holiday another big brother roust

Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #99

Wow that was a long read. I did find it interesting to see all the opinions and thoughts.

I should point out in Massachusetts you cannot stop a vehicle to hand out coupons or things of that nature. (Heck, I can't even stop you if your seatbelt is not buckled, it's called a secondary offense and needs to have a better reason for the stop.) You need to have a reason to stop the car before the blues go on, I can't stop you because you didn't have your seatbelt on and then find 10 kilos of drugs in your car as you drink a beer and have a stolen gun under your seat. The courts just suppress all the evidence since the stop was not justified.

(Look up the fruits of the poisonous tree doctrine, for MA.)

Also, checkpoints are a really not done around here. They have to be cleared by the state and towns and cities don't bother with them. Once in a while the State Police will do some but they are only in areas where they have noticed a high influx of drunk drivers, and they have to have a specific pattern for stops and they can only see if you are drunk or not. (In other words, every 5th car gets halted, they come up and see if they smell the drink or you are showing signs, if not then you are on your way in under 30 seconds.)

Just wondering what people think of the setup we have here? I think it's probably the only state like this. Of course you have to also look at the other side. The state also has not one but two lists of guns that you cannot buy. Heck Springfield guns are made in MA but you can't buy one! There are very FEW guns you can actually purchase and I think high-cap mags are still illegal here as were assault rifles even after the ban got lifted.

Seems like you just can't have your cake and eat it too!