Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Is this illegal? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/illegal-55329/)

NvRbanArms 01-12-2012 02:41 PM

Is this illegal?

Is it illegal for a shop/range worker or owner to walk into Wal Mart and buy up ALL of the cheap ammo and bring it to their shop and stock it on their shelves and resell it for almost double the price. A friend of mine seen someone doing that the other week. That just ticks me off because Wally world is where I go, now I'm almost forced to pay double because they never have ammo n e more.

cfraga1978 01-12-2012 02:45 PM

Isn't it about the same as people buying 4 or 5 blackfriday items and selling them on craigslist for double? I see that all the time.

Overkill0084 01-12-2012 02:47 PM

I don't think it's illegal, but it is crappy. You might want to have a word with the management at Wal-Mart, they might not appreciate what's going on.

Magnum27 01-12-2012 02:49 PM

Unless the gun shop is AWFULLY small I can't believe they can't get better prices buying in bulk directly from the mnfg than buying with Walmarts profit built in already. Maybe they had a one time supply issue, it just seems weird.

cfraga1978 01-12-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084
I don't think it's illegal, but it is crappy. You might want to have a word with the management at Wal-Mart, they might not appreciate what's going on.

I don't think walmart gives a crap who is buying as long as they make their money.

c3shooter 01-12-2012 03:52 PM

+100 on the better price from wholesaler. When there was a severe ammo shortage, Wally World was limiting sales to 2 boxes per person.

In order for something to be illegal, you have to find a law that says you can't do that. No such law.

PrimePorkchop 01-12-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084 (Post 674903)

To hell with what wal-mart management wants =)

There's nothing at all illegal about it as long as you're legally allowed to sell ammunition.

A carpenter can go to walmart and buy nails to finish the job, right?

Wal-Mart does the same thing, except they buy from wholesalers.

Once you buy the ammo, you own it, you can do what you want with it (again, as long as you're legally allowed to sell ammo)

Overkill0084 01-12-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop (Post 674961)
To hell with what wal-mart management wants =)

There's nothing at all illegal about it as long as you're legally allowed to sell ammunition.

A carpenter can go to walmart and buy nails to finish the job, right?

Wal-Mart does the same thing, except they buy from wholesalers.

Once you buy the ammo, you own it, you can do what you want with it (again, as long as you're legally allowed to sell ammo)

I can't see a carpenter going to wal-mart going in and buying ALL the nails then selling them on for a profit (besides, how many professionals go to wal-mart anyway, they don't get the contractors discount.) I never said it was illegal, just crappy. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

towboater 01-12-2012 04:15 PM

I dont see how he could stay in business very long doing that.
I buy most of mine in bulk off the internet.

partdeux 01-12-2012 04:24 PM

capitalism at it's finest.If someone is stupid enough to pay the gun shops over rated price, that is their right :)