IL stinks to say the least. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > IL stinks to say the least.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
um....I'm beginning to know your pain as well...

though i was raised here in chicago and just outside the city mostly, the last time i had such great interest in collecting rifles and guns, the urge to buy and ability to possess was completely contained by my underage.

I think the key to range time with any assualt rifles is having or knowing someone with 10+ private acres that likes to shoot.

and actually, i was just at JR's shooting sports last night for the first time....

nice show room...range was ok..i didn't find all the staff that overly friendly either but i cant say they were rude to us. they said they rent an ar style in .223 and yeah, they do require american made ammo if brought.

i cant move out of the state any time soon, but i'm looking into acreage elsewhere for a nice getaway....hopefully ..some day
same here i was raised mostly in the city, til moving to the suburbs. i haven't been to JR's sports, i have been to buffalo, had an awesome time there too bad they're not open year round. the more i read that memorandum or whatever i cant help but think '' when in then hell in the history of crook county or illinois did any one get killed by .50 cal rifle?" i know first hand that there are parts of the city that is rough, but to ban "assault" rifle in the entire county is pretty damn bad.i can understand to a reasonable point if they ban them from the city itself. considering the steady uprise of the taxes they implement. which really raises another good question, where the hell is all the money going? i know for a fact that property taxes in cook has risen in the past 5 years. until me and and the wife convince our family's (and we both come from big families and we're both close to our family)to move to another state we're pretty much tied to this state. i honestly hope this steaming pile of poop gets turned over real soon. i know there is something about a cc thing that they are trying to pass for illinois. hopefully it will pass. but there are a lot of people opposed to firearms but i guess time will tell.
""If we need a programmer, I just go down to engineering or the signals division. For marketing people, I go to the psychological operations division. There's a finance battalion where all the accountants work. And then, for just about any other job you might have, go to the infantry barracks ? those guys are trained to handle anything." ~ Clarence Briggs

two wrongs dont make a right, but it makes us even!

Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's Chicago for crying out loud! It won't change...ever. Flee as far and fast as you can.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #13

Gees,I'm ALMOST glad I live in New Yorziktan!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #14

Liked 152 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_drill View Post
same here i was raised mostly in the city, til moving to the suburbs. i haven't been to JR's sports, i have been to buffalo, had an awesome time there too bad they're not open year round. the more i read that memorandum or whatever i cant help but think '' when in then hell in the history of crook county or illinois did any one get killed by .50 cal rifle?" i know first hand that there are parts of the city that is rough, but to ban "assault" rifle in the entire county is pretty damn bad.i can understand to a reasonable point if they ban them from the city itself. considering the steady uprise of the taxes they implement. which really raises another good question, where the hell is all the money going? i know for a fact that property taxes in cook has risen in the past 5 years. until me and and the wife convince our family's (and we both come from big families and we're both close to our family)to move to another state we're pretty much tied to this state. i honestly hope this steaming pile of poop gets turned over real soon. i know there is something about a cc thing that they are trying to pass for illinois. hopefully it will pass. but there are a lot of people opposed to firearms but i guess time will tell.
i've given up on pondering the City's logic, tho all this local financial chaos might swing the pendulum back to the right here soon enough....Daley's worn out, blago f'd the dem's chances up real good, obama is indirectly creating a stronger rep base.....who knows we could switch sides like NY when Bloomberg got in....

wish i could follow those orders CA357.....

my parents stay out in apache junction, AZ so i'm looking around northern arizona for a lil getaway too. even tho someday often sounds like a sarcastic never, i have found in a lot of cases, it does eventually arrive.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I feel your pain Mack. I'm anxious to get out of Kalifornia, but as bad as it is, it's waaaay better than Chicago.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #16

we've been lookin in arizona too, florida was in consideration, and texas. im starting to wonder if cook county has a secret flag hidden away that has "communist county of cook" on it...they might as well..and i agree with you completely mack. and tourists often like the name "windy city" if they only knew the bull poop!
""If we need a programmer, I just go down to engineering or the signals division. For marketing people, I go to the psychological operations division. There's a finance battalion where all the accountants work. And then, for just about any other job you might have, go to the infantry barracks ? those guys are trained to handle anything." ~ Clarence Briggs

two wrongs dont make a right, but it makes us even!

Newest Threads