Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > If this was your house ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 852 Times on 618 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Default If this was your house ?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=187_1321168219It would have been a toss up for me to either call 911 or try to get there before they did and mop the floors with these worthless POS

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #2

Liked 111 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Way to cool...The one fool looked like he was having lunch out of a bag, and the lady on the phone was saying her cat was freaking-out..I never seen a cat,must of mist-it...Great-Post...Very interesting to watch...

Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #3

Liked 111 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Just watching them strolling around in that house pisses me-off....Sorry....

Old 11-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

looks like she needs a bigger guard dog . atleast they apprehended the SOBs

Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #5

just trying to picture the little Sh i t s that robbed my parents house on multiple occasions , last time while mom was getting her chemo done , they ransacked the house and stole her lap top and grandmoms class ring I just had restored for her for Christmas . Im thinking it was someone who knew us and our schedule's
everytime they got hit she had left for just a few hours

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #6

Need to tie that camera into a remote weapons system like on Shooter, from the looks of it they had tile floors and would be easy to clean up

Old 11-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
just trying to picture the little Sh i t s that robbed my parents house on multiple occasions , last time while mom was getting her chemo done , they ransacked the house and stole her lap top and grandmoms class ring I just had restored for her for Christmas . Im thinking it was someone who knew us and our schedule's
everytime they got hit she had left for just a few hours
Most B&E's are committed by someone you know or are aquainted with. Sad fact.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6115 Times on 3705 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

Okay, help me learn here.

First of all, my dogs would have been barking like it was the end of the world. I have 3 dogs. Two little ones, one Border Collie. But say I didn't have any dogs (or like this lady, ones that hid instead of barked ) what should one do? My house is very small and if they were in my living room, they would be one wall away from me in my bedroom.

Would you call out "Who's there" and/or "I have a gun"? Would you do as the lady did and hope the cops get there in time? I'm not sure what the proper and safest way to handle this would be.

Please help me learn and tell us what you would have done in this situation as a gun owner with weapons in the house.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Okay, help me learn here.

First of all, my dogs would have been barking like it was the end of the world. I have 3 dogs. Two little ones, one Border Collie. But say I didn't have any dogs (or like this lady, ones that hid instead of barked ) what should one do? My house is very small and if they were in my living room, they would be one wall away from me in my bedroom.

Would you call out "Who's there" and/or "I have a gun"? Would you do as the lady did and hope the cops get there in time? I'm not sure what the proper and safest way to handle this would be.

Please help me learn and tell us what you would have done in this situation as a gun owner with weapons in the house.
First off, the lady wasnt at home. She was at work and using a remote viewing system.

If i was at home, i would step out of the bedroom with my 1911 in hand, no forewarning, identify my target and ruin their day!

Being in IN thats legal, as Castle doctrine is the law of the land. You being in Sillynoise would prolly have to call the king for permission to defend your home

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6115 Times on 3705 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
First off, the lady wasnt at home. She was at work and using a remote viewing system.

If i was at home, i would step out of the bedroom with my 1911 in hand, no forewarning, identify my target and ruin their day!

Being in IN thats legal, as Castle doctrine is the law of the land. You being in Sillynoise would prolly have to call the king for permission to defend your home
Ah, when I heard she was calling from her office, I imagined an office room in her home, but you are right, she was not home.

As for Sillynoise, I would have to call the king for permission to defend my home and I'm pretty sure it would not be granted. I might have been ordered to ask them if they are finding everything they wanted.

At this stage of my gun ownership level, I may have 1.) peed my pants in fear 2.) called 911 3.) stepped out with my gun but I would NOT have shot anyone.
At this point, I am of the thinking unless mine or someone else's life is in danger, don't shoot. I know these thugs were very wrong, but to take a life for some Wii remotes..........I'm not ready to do that yet.