Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   If this was your house ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/if-your-house-52238/)

MobileMarine 11-22-2011 01:41 PM

If this was your house ?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=187_1321168219It would have been a toss up for me to either call 911 or try to get there before they did and mop the floors with these worthless POS

LONGHAIR 11-22-2011 01:53 PM

Way to cool...The one fool looked like he was having lunch out of a bag, and the lady on the phone was saying her cat was freaking-out..I never seen a cat,must of mist-it...Great-Post...Very interesting to watch...

LONGHAIR 11-22-2011 01:55 PM

Just watching them strolling around in that house pisses me-off....Sorry....

purehavoc 11-22-2011 02:06 PM

looks like she needs a bigger guard dog . atleast they apprehended the SOBs

MobileMarine 11-22-2011 02:34 PM

just trying to picture the little Sh i t s that robbed my parents house on multiple occasions , last time while mom was getting her chemo done , they ransacked the house and stole her lap top and grandmoms class ring I just had restored for her for Christmas . Im thinking it was someone who knew us and our schedule's
everytime they got hit she had left for just a few hours

MobileMarine 11-22-2011 02:36 PM

Need to tie that camera into a remote weapons system like on Shooter, from the looks of it they had tile floors and would be easy to clean up

fmj 11-22-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MobileMarine (Post 633507)
just trying to picture the little Sh i t s that robbed my parents house on multiple occasions , last time while mom was getting her chemo done , they ransacked the house and stole her lap top and grandmoms class ring I just had restored for her for Christmas . Im thinking it was someone who knew us and our schedule's
everytime they got hit she had left for just a few hours

Most B&E's are committed by someone you know or are aquainted with. Sad fact.:(

winds-of-change 11-22-2011 03:00 PM

Okay, help me learn here.

First of all, my dogs would have been barking like it was the end of the world. I have 3 dogs. Two little ones, one Border Collie. But say I didn't have any dogs (or like this lady, ones that hid instead of barked :confused:) what should one do? My house is very small and if they were in my living room, they would be one wall away from me in my bedroom.

Would you call out "Who's there" and/or "I have a gun"? Would you do as the lady did and hope the cops get there in time? I'm not sure what the proper and safest way to handle this would be.

Please help me learn and tell us what you would have done in this situation as a gun owner with weapons in the house.

fmj 11-22-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 633518)
Okay, help me learn here.

First of all, my dogs would have been barking like it was the end of the world. I have 3 dogs. Two little ones, one Border Collie. But say I didn't have any dogs (or like this lady, ones that hid instead of barked :confused:) what should one do? My house is very small and if they were in my living room, they would be one wall away from me in my bedroom.

Would you call out "Who's there" and/or "I have a gun"? Would you do as the lady did and hope the cops get there in time? I'm not sure what the proper and safest way to handle this would be.

Please help me learn and tell us what you would have done in this situation as a gun owner with weapons in the house.

First off, the lady wasnt at home. She was at work and using a remote viewing system.

If i was at home, i would step out of the bedroom with my 1911 in hand, no forewarning, identify my target and ruin their day!

Being in IN thats legal, as Castle doctrine is the law of the land. You being in Sillynoise would prolly have to call the king for permission to defend your home :rolleyes:

winds-of-change 11-22-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 633524)
First off, the lady wasnt at home. She was at work and using a remote viewing system.

If i was at home, i would step out of the bedroom with my 1911 in hand, no forewarning, identify my target and ruin their day!

Being in IN thats legal, as Castle doctrine is the law of the land. You being in Sillynoise would prolly have to call the king for permission to defend your home :rolleyes:

Ah, when I heard she was calling from her office, I imagined an office room in her home, but you are right, she was not home.

As for Sillynoise, I would have to call the king for permission to defend my home and I'm pretty sure it would not be granted. :( I might have been ordered to ask them if they are finding everything they wanted.

At this stage of my gun ownership level, I may have 1.) peed my pants in fear 2.) called 911 3.) stepped out with my gun but I would NOT have shot anyone.
At this point, I am of the thinking unless mine or someone else's life is in danger, don't shoot. I know these thugs were very wrong, but to take a life for some Wii remotes..........I'm not ready to do that yet. :(