You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

if you won the lottery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 04:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I'd buy a bunch of land in Montana, build a house, and buy a few guns. You guys would never hear from me again. I'd be completely separated from the world.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:34 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

First, I would buy a house with property and a well equipped shop. Then, I would take care of family and friends. Then, I would get a McClaren S7 Twin Turbo. Not sure what to do with the rest except buy an arsenal and plenty of ammo

Brian

Old 01-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #13

Liked 1201 Times on 769 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

Start my own firearms company, and make "obsolete" and the guns that never really caught on .... Care to guess what my first would be?

(Yes, Trip the first one off the line is yours..... )

Forgot..... Gotta get my two dream cars a DeLorean and a Tucker!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #14

Liked 44 Times on 27 Posts

Opening up a rang would be fun with all the "works" and in would be semi profitable

Old 01-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

On thinking about it I would buy an RV park that is out of the way and on a huge piece of land. The RV park would be on the highway, there would be a diner in front and then a gun range would be out back. There would also be an indoor pistol range for wintertime. The house would be a mile away from the highway. Cheap rates on everything. FTF members could stay one night for free if I can join them on the range and shoot their guns.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4076 Times on 2477 Posts
Likes Given: 22773

With my overall health, I would take the lump sum payout. Half of that would go to the taxes.

Then...

1. Set up a trust fund for my step daughter. Payout at 35 if she has atleast a 4 year degree in something other than liberal arts.

2. Pay of my dad's and my grandfather's house, and set both of them up with a trust to pay the bills and taxes.

3. Move the @%$! out of New York state!

4. Buy land in a gun friendly state, and set up a hunting ranch. FTF members always welcome if they are willing to share the meat from their kills, or to drop by and visit.

5. Make up for lost time with my wife and kid, my pets, and my collection.
If I have to explain why I ride, you wouldn't understand. Explaining sex to an alien would be easier than explaining the feeling, one that boils all that is going on in your life down to what really matters each time you are in The Wind. All I can say is, Life is not Life without it.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I'd pay off my parents' mortgage, my brother's student loans, and my own student loans as well. I would buy some land and have a reasonably sized home built (nothing too ridiculous) with a sturdy storm cellar. There would be a place out back to shoot and lots of room for gardens. I'd like to help out my grandparents if possible, but they are SUPER stubborn. I would stock up on basic supplies and then use the rest for saving/investing/possibly starting a business.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

1. I have minimal debt but would pay it off.
2. Give my parents anything they need for retirement. They are in their 70's.
3. Take care of my sister financial - long story.
4. Travel the world
5. Buy a small yacht.
6. Begin a startup business.
7. Give to Cancer charity.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #19

Desert acreage, mobile home in the center, and an under ground storage/bunker type basement thing. Maybe a Jeep too, heh heh. The rest in interest earning investments.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #20

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

The very first thing I would do is go take a GIANT $#!T on my 1SG desk and then show him my bank account so I could get out of the Army!!! Then move to somewhere like Colorado/Montana/Wyoming buy some land and build a house. Set up college money for my daughter. Invest the rest so I can live of it. Spend the rest of my life building my gun collection and hunting/fishing!
NRA Member