If you a gun owner....Share your Experience/Story
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > If you a gun owner....Share your Experience/Story

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Default If you a gun owner....Share your Experience/Story

Howdy,

Well if you ever have the same story like me, you should share one too. So unlike people in my family, every dimes i save up i dump it all in weaponry, But that not my problem, the big problem i have is not the spending like crazy on weapon but the problem i have is which to spend on.

Like for example, I go to a gun store looking for a good long range rifle so without any question i purchased it in a blink of an eye. For the next couple day i went out shooting a few time and cleaning it, i just think it over, "I like a rifle that can reach out about 1 mile, Loud, Tactical." But why the heck i keep oing what i'm doing right now? Instead of spending it on something like this i can just dumb it into a nice rifle like a savage 110ba.

Well so far that is my problem, tell me yours?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2794 Times on 1618 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

I use to have an excited feeling when purchasing a firearm.

Now a days, it is almost like drudgery. Trying to find the special niche for a new purchase is getting hard.

I am almost tempted to sell everything and start over.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

fa35jsf Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1505 Times on 1020 Posts
Likes Given: 526

I enjoy buying new guns and shooting them a lot. After I blow a grand a week on ammo for a month or so my wife will put a stop to it. If mamma aint happy no one is happy.

I would imagine most families have the same form of checks and balances. Otherwise, there would be no male shooters left. We all would have starved to death by now because we wouldn't buy any groceries or stop shooting long enough to eat anything.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #4

Liked 2715 Times on 1591 Posts
Likes Given: 1725

i have a few dilemmas i struggle with as a gun owner.

1) i love guns, i love so many varieties, platforms & styles....then i start thinking well i have a lever in THIS caliber but not THAT one. this love came a bit later for me, i didn't shoot very much as a kid or teen....only the last 5-7 years have i truly been gun nutty.

2) my funds, like most, are limited and i can only justify so much w/o picking up an extra job....which i have considered ....when i mention getting an extra job to feed my obsession, my wife always says "don't do that, just buy it" as she would rather have me home as much as possible i guess...yeah, i'm that hot. but i have been pretty damn poor at points in my life...so slapping hundreds of big ones down at once always invokes a slight panic in me..

3) this one is the WORST. i simply DON"T need most of my guns. i'm not currently hunting or competing in shooting events....every gun i have is an overly expensive plinker more or less.... i ALWAYS struggle with this dilemma the most....i do feel every red blooded american should own one pistol, rifle, and shotgun....but beyond that.....its just an expensive habit that makes me happy.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #5

Liked 2715 Times on 1591 Posts
Likes Given: 1725

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I enjoy buying new guns and shooting them a lot. After I blow a grand a week on ammo for a month or so my wife will put a stop to it. If mamma aint happy no one is happy.

I would imagine most families have the same form of checks and balances. Otherwise, there would be no male shooters left. We all would have starved to death by now because we wouldn't buy any groceries or stop shooting long enough to eat anything.
good point....my wife has to force me to spend money on clothes and items i truly NEED. otherwise, i'm like....nah, i could save that $$$ for a gun or ammo.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7024 Times on 4227 Posts
Likes Given: 8463

My problem is I hate spending large amounts of money all at once. I'm a tightwad. I like to save my money for............I don't know.

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

My problem is I get these ideas.. Hey Hun we need a new gun. Hey Hun we need a progressive reloading press. Hey Hun we need three years worth of reloading supplies stocked up...

There's not enough money for all my wants!

Always have clean socks.

Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 735 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
My problem is I hate spending large amounts of money all at once. I'm a tightwad. I like to save my money for............I don't know.
How could you not know? Everyone else does! So, just plan your trip to the LGS, and enjoy yourself.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 08-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7024 Times on 4227 Posts
Likes Given: 8463

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
How could you not know? Everyone else does! So, just plan your trip to the LGS, and enjoy yourself.
I think it has to do with my past financial situation. I was a single Mom to three kids and I scrimped every penny I could to make ends meet. What can I say? I'm a tightwad. I have 4 handguns and a rifle. For now, I'm happy. I would like an AR but..............they're a lot of money.
People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #10

Liked 115 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Every person I have known at a personal level suffers from one of two afflictions... Pre-decision making stress syndrome or Post-decision making stress syndrome... me, I am the pre- type. By that I mean I do all my saving, sweating, thinking, hand wringing before I blow a thousand bucks...but then, like a puffy cloud all the stress is gone and I am happily down the road to the next obstacle.

I tend to fixate on a gun or three...do my homework to determine a range of market price and look to find it at local gun stores, gun shows or even pawn shops. Every once in a while, I do see that certain gun and make a spontaneous purchase but mostly not. This issue I run into and am in currently is that I want a CZ75B in .40SW, a Sig P226 Equinox in .40 and a S&W K17 but have not found any of them in the lgs....in fact, the CZ has been on my watch list for nearly two years.

I am patient though...some of my wife's income is paid in the form of bonuses that happen every month or two...we split the money and stash it in our respective piggy banks until we accumulate enough funds for a purchase. She does frown from time to time at my obsession, but I just ask her where I can see the things she bought with her money and usually serves as a temporary fix to any heartburn she might be feeling...she tends to suffer from post-decision making stress syndrome and often times has a hard time accounting for her stash

My real issue is that once I buy a gun, even if it is not quite what I'm looking for I will not sell it...someday I will have to buy another safe!

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.