Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > if you could have

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
Dillinger, I hate you man!
LOL - Benefits of a DINK's household... LOL

JD

Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Only to the wife, when she catches you sneaking it in the house!
I'm not married, but my girlfriend and I do live together... I never tell her the truth about how much I spend for my firearms. When I brought home the S&W M&P15T, she asked how much was it; I told her is was $120.00. LOL. I'd never hear the end of it if she knew the truth.

Mossberd 500...

Beretta 96...

Smith & Wesson M&P15T...

Old 08-04-2008, 02:57 AM   #23

I would like the first m1911 or the first 1903 Springfield.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 AM   #24

Maybe I'm just old school but I have been in love with an M60. I'd hump that heavy monster wherever I had to just to be able lay down the law. I'd love to go to a 1000 yard range and shoot tracers at targets downrange. I don't adjust the scope for windage and elevation, I adjust the aim point! Take that you benchresters!!!

I'm for an M60, and a truckload of belted 7.62x51.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWIII View Post
I'm not married, but my girlfriend and I do live together... I never tell her the truth about how much I spend for my firearms. When I brought home the S&W M&P15T, she asked how much was it; I told her is was $120.00. LOL. I'd never hear the end of it if she knew the truth.
Oh, please cruel fate, make them stop! I can't take anymore - honest! This thread has me, literally, rolling on the floor laughing! 'I never tell her the truth!' 'I told her $120.00 bucks; and, she believed me!' You guys are cracking me up.

True story: My wife and I had been together for about 6 months. I wanted a new Sako 30-06. I'd had a good month, so I stopped off at Edelman's Sporting Goods after work and bought that 06!

When I got home, I was dragging my new long cardboard box up the stairs when my wife suddenly appeared! She was beautifully and provocatively dressed in a nice halter top and short shorts. I thought to myself; 'Life is good!' Then I saw the tears in her eyes. I asked what was wrong; but, she only shook her head. Naturally, I thought the worst and that her mother had died! Then, all of a sudden, she hissed at me; 'Now I know what you're really like!' I said; 'Say, what?'

She replied; 'My mother is right; all you men are just the same!' 'You only think of yourselves!' When I protested; 'What, the Hell, is the matter with you?' she replied; 'Do you know what today is?' I said; 'Yeah, it's the 3rd.' (I knew because I'd just filled out all the state paperwork for my new Sako rifle.) She, then, tells me; 'It's my birthday; and YOU forgot!'

Not missing a beat I replied; 'What!' 'Me, forget?' 'Darling!' 'Angel, I've got your new birthday present, right here, under my arm!' Wow, what a Kodak moment! I wish you could have seen the totally puzzled look on her beautiful face! She was completely at a loss; all the wind was taken out of her; and, she answered; 'Really?' I nodded my head in ascent and replied; 'Of course, Darling!'

So, she backed up, seemed very deflated, and let me come into the house. When I got to the dining room table and put that large box down she seemed quite apprehensive. She asked; 'What is it?' With my best stage face on, I opened the lid of the box with a flourish and said; 'Your own brand new 30-06 Sako rifle complete with a deluxe Leupold 3 x 9 scope!'

'A what!' she said. 'What am I supposed to do with it?' (I repeated myself with a look of fearful rejection on my face.) I immediately followed-up with; 'Well, do you like it?' She went utterly silent on me, and was, kind of, watching me out of the corner of her eye! After a long pause she asked; 'What's it for?' (This is where I had to be real careful!) I replied; 'Well, you know how you're always saying that I spend too much time at the range?' 'Now, you can come with me; and, you'll have your own rifle to shoot!'

More silence followed. I repeated my far-fetched spiel and waited. She finally said; 'Yeah, I think it's all right; but, it's sooo .... large!' 'I'm just a girl; and, I'm not sure what to do with it!' I smiled back at her and said; 'I know; but that's just me, Hun; and you love me - right!' I got dinner that night and slept in my own bed; but, for the next 33 years she never once tried to fire that rifle. Whenever we were at the range together, I'd offer the Sako to her; she'd watch me shoot it for awhile; then, she'd shake her head, strongly decline, and leave me alone to enjoy myself with the far targets.

It, also, took about 33 years for her to finally say to me; 'My mother is wrong; all men aren't alike!' Eventually I felt so ashamed that, one day, I confessed I'd lied to her about the 30-06 and had, in fact, forgotten her first birthday with me. She replied that she already knew; but, had decided to let it go rather than destroy our friendship so early on. As the years passed our relationship has matured to the point where I could bring home all the firearms I wanted.

The only thing she's never been willing to let me have is another woman; but, truthfully, I've never really wanted one of those things anyway. New guns are a lot cheaper to keep; don't require as much high maintenance; and, you never have to tell them that you love them or remember their birthdays!

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot: You have to remember other things like anniversaries, too. Don't forget your anniversary! Mine's every June 16th. Wait, I meant to say July - It's July! (I always get those two months confused.)

Last edited by G21.45; 08-04-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #26

Yeah, well my girlfriends a bitch....

But, great story man.

Mossberd 500...

Beretta 96...

Smith & Wesson M&P15T...

Old 08-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

EXCELLENT story G21!!! I applaud your quick wit to subdue the situation. I did something similar with my first gun purchase after my 3rd year of marriage, only my daughter was just born and I used her as the excuse. I bought a Marline 70P (Papoose) takedown .22 rifle for $99 in 1987. My wife also caught me bringing it in the house and I told her that " I want my daughter to learn to shoot at an early age, so I bought this gun for her!" ( she was 6 mos. old!) I even put her name on the little name tag on the nylon carry case ( it was a takedown gun that had a styrofoam insert in the nylon case that would allow the whole package to float if it was dropped in a lake?) I did teach her how to shoot, and she was a good shot - but I still have that Marlin...(I flipped the name tag over and the other side has my name on it) She recently graduated college and is getting an apartment on the outskirts of NYC - so when I go to visit her in her new apartment I will have a new 20ga. pump shotgun for her "housewarming" present...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 08-04-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #28

great story g21 and 357. i have been married only 5 years. MY wife still doesnt understand the need for me to have a new gun every year or so. I told her its and addiction just like your addiction for bingo i have the need to go shoot and buy guns. Just a few months ago i went and got me a Romainan WASR2 5.45 i spent like $200 on the gun with 4 10 round mags and to boxes of ammo great deal huh? Well i knew my wife wouldnt think so>

So after spending a few hours at the range. I decide its time to go home and have you ever noticed how women notice the littlest things like if you ate the last cookie or used the last little bit of toilet paper or if you come in with one more gun case then you left with. Well mine does.

She asked me what was that i said a new case she then asked what was in it? I told her my new WASR2. what is that? LIke an ak 47. How much did we pay for it? Well i payed $200.00 for the gun and got 4 clips and 2 boxes of ammo thrown in for free. And dear have a good night at bingo heres some money. Im just glad she didnt see the new holster i got for my .38 that was in my pocket.

So i have a solution and we can all benifit from it i think. Let open a gunrange bingo hall out side is the gun range and inside is the bingo hall and we can have our cake and eat it to wifes happy so am i.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
I decide its time to go home and have you ever noticed how women notice the littlest things like if you ate the last cookie or used the last little bit of toilet paper or if you come in with one more gun case then you left with. Well mine does.

LMAO!!! I don't know if you meant this to be funny, but just the way you phrased it has me laughing my ass off!

She asked me what was that i said a new case she then asked what was in it? I told her my new WASR2. .
"A new case...." at this point you should have told her what G21.45 told his wife...."Why,,,,, it's your birthday present dear!"
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"