If They Carried......
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > If They Carried......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default If They Carried......

I'm going to list 5 people. What do you think they would carry?

What I'm going for here is you own a reputable gun shop. These people are your customers. You are matching them with a gun that suits their personality. I don't want historically accurate arguments, they are merely customers that tell you a little about themselves, and you make your pick.

For example, a samurai. I would pick something smaller, well crafted, fast. An AK is not a samurai pick, it's stamped, heavy, and 7.62x39 doesn't scream samurai.

If you pick something exotic, please post a pic.

Your customers are....

1) A Viking

2) Prince

3) Angelina Jolie

4) A Samurai

5) Kenny Chesney

Please explain your selections, and the logic behind them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

1. AK. Tough, reliable, and ready for battle.

2. A nickel-plated derringer... You know, because he's dainty!

3. High end 1911

4. Kahr 9

5. He would carry Tango. That's how he rolls...

Old 03-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

These are good picks. I saw Prince with something tiny, the biggest maybe a Charter Arms snubbie, because they come in colors.

I definitely see Angie with a Nighthawk.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post

Your customers are....

1) A Viking

2) Prince

3) Angelina Jolie

4) A Samurai

5) Kenny Chesney
1) A S&W .500, the vikings had lots of big mean enemies.

2) A Colt pocket .25 ACP. Not cheap but dainty enough.

3) A custom 1911 long slide as she might like big ones.

4) A Sig P210 - nothing but the finest craftsmanship.

5) At least 2 Glocks so there will be enough ghey.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I knew, as I typed it, that Chesney would get a Glock.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post

5) At least 2 Glocks so there will be enough ghey.
There was some definite monitor cleaning after that one...

Old 03-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Viking - HK-21E - Belt fed pillaging weapon
Prince - Nickle plated Beretta Minx
Angie - XM-177E2
Samuri - M-21
Kenny Chesney - Henry .22 Lever action. Looks and acts country but is too dainty for real work.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Kenny Chesney - Henry .22 Lever action. Looks and acts country but is too dainty for real work.
yes but it needs to be equally at home in the Bahama Islands where he spends most of his country life!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay, this is harder than I thought. We are talking CARRY weapon, and that leads me into a whole different category. The only one who is getting a large weapon is the Viking, because “carry” for them meant a whole different brand of “daily” use.

1) A Viking – The man was known for laying waste to lands far from home. He came in off the sea, usually under the cover of morning fog and just went to work. They were big men, savage beasts who tended to kill first, rape second and pillage last. The gorier the better, the most mass damage the better, plus they had ship to ship battle to think about. Everything was close combat and they didn’t really have a lot of range attacks. I am thinking the perfect Viking firearm would be a modified Remington 870 with a larger magazine capacity and a satchel of hide from some animal and/or some distant lands King’s flesh filled with extra shells. 12 gauge, probably double ought buck and definitely magnum loads.

2) Prince – Sophistication. Pomp & Circumstance. Supposedly fine education. Money, lots and lots of money. No intelligence to research his own weapons. Take a look at Saddam’s kids for crying out loud. When I think of a prince, I think of Middle Eastern, and as such, they aren’t going to carry an American made weapon. Too much pride. That leaves the European makers. Holland & Holland is probably out. They don’t make pistols anymore and their older stuff is not this day and age worthy. A Prince would want “The Best” and H&K is usually associated with that in a lot of circles. I could see the young prince walking out with an H & K USP Compact or a Sig Sauer P226 X-Five Tactical in EU’s 9mm once I sent it out to be plated or coated and revamped in such a manner to make it entirely his. Inlays and remolding of the frame so it was made out of Titanium or Sterling Silver or some such thing.

3) Angelina Jolie – Angelina has already gone on record as saying that she owns the pistols she was first taught to shoot with in Tomb Raider because she is comfortable with them and she was taught everything about them from the armourer, who happened to fit her with H&K USP’s.

4) A Samurai – Master of all forms of warfare. Long Range. Mounted. Close Combat. Studied the use of his primary and secondary weapons everyday, regardless of other goings on. A true Samurai would follow the ways of Bushido and would most likely have read The Book of Five Rings, which stated that a Samurai should always carry two swords ( long and short ). I think a modern Samurai would not be honored unless I had two custom made weapons for him to carry. They would have to be full blown customs and could not be production runs. I think the “long” ( long being relative to the length of his Katana ) weapon would have to be a Dave Lauck or Larry Vickers completely custom, stainless steel, engraved, custom case included 5” 1911 .45 ACP with inlays of text or symbols about the Samurai’s rights of passage and family tradition. For the short weapon ( in relation to his Wakizashi and keeping in mind this weapon would be used for Seppuku), I am tempted to go with a custom revolver ( about the size of a Bulldog or similiar pistol ), stainless steel, hand built by someone like Pinnacle Customs, where I could get him a 7 or 8 shot revolver in a powerful caliber like .44 or .357 The round have to be damaging enough to be able to take his own life in one shot if it was called for, so I would opt for a really good sized common round.

5) Kenny Chesney – This one is one of the harder ones. We realize he’s got a case of The Ghey. We don’t know if ANYONE else is aware of it, so we can’t put him out there with a flaming, flamingo pink Glock and call it a day. We have to keep in mind the image. So, where does that lead us? I had to ask the Country Gal in the office to fill me in about him so I could get a better picture. He isn’t a cowboy, it’s just the hat, but he grew up in Tennessee and apparently hunted and fished as a kid. But, he also went to college to study music. Most of his music is “Island Country” (I had to ask what the hell that meant) and it just means that it’s laid back, introspective, relaxing music with country influences. Okay, now what? A packing pistol that would be at home on the beach, or in a holster at a bar-b-que or keg get together with fans. I am honestly seeing him with a used Colt Single Action Revolver, something that has some wear and possibly some history, not real flashy, but with some character to it.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Prince the Minneapolis musician, not A Prince.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball