If push comes to shove and they try to take our guns what would you do - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > If push comes to shove and they try to take our guns what would you do

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #31
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,980
Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat tire View Post
i would give them your guns-
lol ........
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Okay so the usual suspects have posted with excellent and entertaining posts (see my "likes") and we have the usual advice about how OPEN this forum is to regular eyes.

So. Do we drop it at that? Nah, I think we must educate the OP and we must also educate some of our newer members as this position has batted about more times than Madonna at a Heidi Fleis hosted get together. :roll eyes:

Being the "beverage manager" on the FTF cruise and schlepping WAY too many Pelican Cases and Haliburton Primo cases when the bell hop was too drunk to perform.... :roll eyes: That cruise was the single largest loss of ordinance in the history of charter vessels.

So let's suspend disbelief here for 10 or so minutes while JD runs down the usual list of characters.

Okay, the UN has leveraged the US Senate and Congress to overlook about 39,999,900 GAZILLION dollars in foreign debt that the US has given to EVERY country on the planet and convinced them to ignore 2A and confiscate EVERY weapon inside the border of the United States of America.

The puppet of the moment sitting as POTUS is happy as hell to sign off on this decree and immediately pens it in the blood of his own children because the lack of guns means harmony everywhere. Just like they have in every other country that disallows their citizens to own weapons. :roll eyes:

This is hailed the second coming! We can take that elusive bite of the apple out of Eve's mouth and make the paradise that God himself actually wished for us.

So everyone is on board and now it's just a matter of taking the action to the "GO" state.

National Guard! Local LEO! You guys are up. Even though you aren't exactly Feds, you have been appointed to handle this confiscation. You will know go to every single home in the county/city you are serving/protecting and confiscate every weapon, in every home, until you have them all! *rubs hands greedily*

Wait! What do you mean you aren't going to do it?! What do you mean some of those people are friends and family and you trust them?! What do you mean some of those people are complete strangers and you want "no part" of trying to walk onto private property and take things from them?! This is for the greater good!!!!

That's it, fire the National Guard, fire every badge holding LEO!! They are worthless! Suspend "Posse Comitatus" and get me the military! I want real boots on the ground!!

What?!?!? What the hell do you mean that the military is refusing to confiscate the weapons?!!? What?! What do you mean that military members are saying they won't confiscate weapons HERE because someone else in uniform is confiscating from their family THERE?!?! That makes no sense to me!

You see OP, this is the crux of how this would have to happen. Even if 50% of the troops are willing to confiscate weapons, they have to deal with the 50% that will not. I mean, who wants another badge going into THEIR families' land/property/house and roughing them up trying just to "follow orders"?

You factor in private, person to person sales, heirloom hand me downs, military "recoveries" from wartime and you are talking about more weapons than were EVER licensed to a registered individual.

Assume you get 100% buy in? Patrols of storm troopers are just going to roll down the street, grabbing weapons from every house on the block, and putting them in the back of a dump truck that is rolling down the center of main street?

Certainly there wouldn't be a small group of people (like the French Resistance) who are looking for JUST such an opportunity to "acquire" arms to equip their other freedom fighters. :roll eyes:


Logistically speaking, what you are asking is a nightmare FAR beyond the average team of "well meaning, politically motived ladder climbers" even in Brentwood.

What is going to happen in Kentucky? Or Tennessee? Or West Virginia? Or, f*ck me, Texas?!??!

Just saying....

JD

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
6
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #33
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Txhillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,569
Liked 1255 Times on 712 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Default

Texas would just secede from the United Nation of Obama,and tell them to go F**k themselves.

__________________
Txhillbilly is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:57 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Okay so the usual suspects have posted with excellent and entertaining posts (see my "likes") and we have the usual advice about how OPEN this forum is to regular eyes.

So. Do we drop it at that? Nah, I think we must educate the OP and we must also educate some of our newer members as this position has batted about more times than Madonna at a Heidi Fleis hosted get together. :roll eyes:

Being the "beverage manager" on the FTF cruise and schlepping WAY too many Pelican Cases and Haliburton Primo cases when the bell hop was too drunk to perform.... :roll eyes: That cruise was the single largest loss of ordinance in the history of charter vessels.

So let's suspend disbelief here for 10 or so minutes while JD runs down the usual list of characters.

Okay, the UN has leveraged the US Senate and Congress to overlook about 39,999,900 GAZILLION dollars in foreign debt that the US has given to EVERY country on the planet and convinced them to ignore 2A and confiscate EVERY weapon inside the border of the United States of America.

The puppet of the moment sitting as POTUS is happy as hell to sign off on this decree and immediately pens it in the blood of his own children because the lack of guns means harmony everywhere. Just like they have in every other country that disallows their citizens to own weapons. :roll eyes:

This is hailed the second coming! We can take that elusive bite of the apple out of Eve's mouth and make the paradise that God himself actually wished for us.

So everyone is on board and now it's just a matter of taking the action to the "GO" state.

National Guard! Local LEO! You guys are up. Even though you aren't exactly Feds, you have been appointed to handle this confiscation. You will know go to every single home in the county/city you are serving/protecting and confiscate every weapon, in every home, until you have them all! *rubs hands greedily*

Wait! What do you mean you aren't going to do it?! What do you mean some of those people are friends and family and you trust them?! What do you mean some of those people are complete strangers and you want "no part" of trying to walk onto private property and take things from them?! This is for the greater good!!!!

That's it, fire the National Guard, fire every badge holding LEO!! They are worthless! Suspend "Posse Comitatus" and get me the military! I want real boots on the ground!!

What?!?!? What the hell do you mean that the military is refusing to confiscate the weapons?!!? What?! What do you mean that military members are saying they won't confiscate weapons HERE because someone else in uniform is confiscating from their family THERE?!?! That makes no sense to me!

You see OP, this is the crux of how this would have to happen. Even if 50% of the troops are willing to confiscate weapons, they have to deal with the 50% that will not. I mean, who wants another badge going into THEIR families' land/property/house and roughing them up trying just to "follow orders"?

You factor in private, person to person sales, heirloom hand me downs, military "recoveries" from wartime and you are talking about more weapons than were EVER licensed to a registered individual.

Assume you get 100% buy in? Patrols of storm troopers are just going to roll down the street, grabbing weapons from every house on the block, and putting them in the back of a dump truck that is rolling down the center of main street?

Certainly there wouldn't be a small group of people (like the French Resistance) who are looking for JUST such an opportunity to "acquire" arms to equip their other freedom fighters. :roll eyes:


Logistically speaking, what you are asking is a nightmare FAR beyond the average team of "well meaning, politically motived ladder climbers" even in Brentwood.

What is going to happen in Kentucky? Or Tennessee? Or West Virginia? Or, f*ck me, Texas?!??!

Just saying....

JD
People aren't going to give up their guns. It would literally be the cause of another Civil War. There will be fierce resistance, people will organize themselves, and create a military of their own, and there will be blood spilled over our rights. That is something that is just not avoidable if that treaty goes into effect. I see a very dark time in US history approaching very quickly.

A war like this will be different than any other war we have fought before. The people way outnumber any military, or police force on earth. The vast majority of us are good shots/avid hunters/ex military, and this would probably be guerrilla warfare on a massive, more deadly level. Add what you said about the police, national guard, and military not wanting to get involved in this, and you have war that the feds could not possibly win.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Texas would just secede from the United Nation of Obama,and tell them to go F**k themselves.
That is another possibility, but the chances of us leaving without a fight are extremely slim. Remember what happened last time we seceded?
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #36
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,980
Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Texas would just secede from the United Nation of Obama,and tell them to go F**k themselves.
How much is a home going for down there?
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
How much is a home going for down there?
Depend on what you want, and where you want to live.

A few (5 or so) years ago, you could get a 3 bed, 2 bath house with a big living room (compete with cathedral ceiling and a large fireplace), and a 2 car garage in a nice neighborhood for $80,000-$120,000.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:26 AM   #38
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
How much is a home going for down there?
around the larger cities, such as Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, ect.,, land and homes can get expensive, but moving into the rural areas, land and homes are downright reasonable.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,749
Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 921

Default

Those old relics?? I donated them to a museum....

Welcome back CA!!! I was wondering where you went!!!!

__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
CA357 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:56 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sputnik1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Bluegrass state
Posts: 2,877
Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Default

Come on over to the bluegrass! Property is down right now, I bought a re-possessed 2000 sq ft, 4 br, 2 b house on 3.12 acres for $72,000

imag0114.jpg  
__________________
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. - John Wayne

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
sputnik1988 is offline  
towboater Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Push to Add Drama... Trez The Club House 6 04-12-2012 09:02 PM
push dagger or knife rp50817 Other Weapons 2 08-14-2010 04:41 AM
Big bills, big push, big hurry... Gojubrian Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 08-05-2009 08:04 AM
Tell Obama to shove his healthcare reform.... supergus Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 07-21-2009 03:26 AM
Daley's $1 mil. push to buy back guns misfires tracker Legal and Activism 6 07-19-2008 12:19 AM