Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   If I won the 425 million powerball I would.. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/if-i-won-425-million-powerball-i-would-77148/)

downsouth 11-26-2012 07:44 PM

If I won the 425 million powerball I would..

Get in touch with an attorney of good standing.

Setup trust

Give some to charity, St. Judes for sure.

Give two weeks notice at work.

Travel the US

Get a scar 17 and about 4000 acres to shoot it.

trip286 11-26-2012 07:46 PM

Die. That would be all. I wouldn't have to worry about money, regardless of whether I collected or not, because I would die from the shock.

But, if I survived...
Lawyer
Accountant
Trust
Guns
Home
And the 4K acres next door to Downsouth. :)

StainlessSteel215 11-26-2012 07:53 PM

I really like the first 2 suggestions!
Not much else to add except perhaps take my home computer which I have stayed up countless til 2am nights doing freelance graphic design on for years.....fly myself out to Arizona & stand at the highest peak of the grand canyon.....and chuck it as hard as I could whilst doing a Braveheart-style freedom fist pump!!

But getting back to reality, I would take care of my top 10 charities across the USA, take care of as much family and close friends as possible and honest to god, give away ALL but 4 million for myself. $2 mil would go into a secure trust, the remaining $2mil would be spent eliminating all my debts and buying a few nice things for my wife and child. Too much money attracts too much negativity and the dreaded "lottery curse". I would fly high as a kite spending/living off $4mil

downsouth 11-26-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
I really like the first 2 suggestions!
Not much else to add except perhaps take my home computer which I have stayed up countless til 2am nights doing freelance graphic design on for years.....stand at the highest peak of the grand canyon.....and chuck it as hard as I could whilst doing a Braveheart-style freedom fist pump!!

But getting back to reality, I would consider my top 10 charities across the USA, take care of as much family and close friends as possible and honest to god, donate ALL but 4 million for myself. $2 mil would go into a secure trust, the remaining $2mil would be spent eliminating all my debts and buying a few nice things for my wife and child. Too much money attracts too much negativity and the dreaded "lottery curse". I would fly high as a kite spending/living off $4mil

Ummm, 4 mil ain't what it used to be. I'm thinking after 100 mil, it's all just numbers.

SS215, inflation is a b!toch. Maybe put some in gold as well.

MoreAltitude 11-26-2012 08:01 PM

+1 on most of the above, additionally I would build a private track and private airstrip on my expanse of land. After that, my full time job would be to go out to my ridiculously well equipped garage and tinker with cars and planes...

StainlessSteel215 11-26-2012 08:03 PM

Nah, thats the beauty of it downsouth. It would be $4mil more than I have now and PLENTY to live off for a very long time. I dont need much....remember big lifestyles equal big bills. Its expensive to be rich!

Once debt are eliminated I would be a free man anyways and still keep some sort of job to stay busy, until I got bored with it ;)

I honestly couldnt survive the fantasy of yachts, expensive dinners, luxury hotels and 25k sq ft homes. Not me. I just want to be debt free and get a nice lifestyle boost to what I currently have. My wife & daughter is all that matters....we would simply be more "comfortable".

Again, all the guns in the world couldnt buy me the security and peace of mind to live an extravagant lifestyle. I prefer easy living, simple....

Sonic82 11-26-2012 08:14 PM

Lawyer
Quit my Job
Buy a personal Health Insurance policy
Visit with my Sons to get a feel of their interests.
Book a flight to Hawaii, relax on the beach to sort things out
Buy a new F150
Buy a new SLS AMG GT
Buy a lake home in northern MN
Buy a Gulf home on Marco Island

...that's good for the first two weeks:)

downsouth 11-26-2012 08:17 PM

I gotch ya SS 215. I wouldn't won't a yacht. Just a 25' hewescraft on the homer spit for halibut fishing. A 22' Alumaweld jet sled in the pacific NW and some sort of boat in the panhandle of Florida.

texaswoodworker 11-26-2012 08:17 PM

Take care of family
Charity
Big house with a LOT of land, (nearest neighbor over a mile away)
Guns
Big truck
Guns
Fast car
Guns
Tank
More guns.
Save the rest

:D

Sniper03 11-26-2012 08:18 PM

Contact a good lawyer!
Accountant
Trust for the Wife, Children, Grandchildren and some of the family (Which I am doing this week anyway!) But the 400+ Mil would add over 400+ Mil to the little bit I have. Only doing it to protect the family against the government deep dippers.
And to be sure things are going where I want them!
Also continue and increase giving to St. Jude's, Boy's Town and the Wounded Warrior Project.
Run for public office to protect our Second Amendment and other Constitutional Rights. Be one Hard A-- that could not be bought out or threatened.
Pay my home off
Buy more ground here in the TN hills where I live
Build a Range and Training Facility with Club House for sportsmen and women
Help some poor folks without them knowing where it came from.
And continue to live a good life with family, friends and acquaintances and be blessed as I am.
Doesn't hurt to dream! :D