The "if I had it to do over" thread - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The "if I had it to do over" thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

damn, i knew i should have married the rich cheerleader from high school!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 479 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 158

I have had a lot of disappointment and a lot of success. I've shed a tear or two and had many good times. I held both my children within seconds of their birth and I held my father when he breathed his last. I wouldn't change a thing.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3168 Times on 1800 Posts
Likes Given: 18408

Well , going on my third childhood , my third chance at health and life and my wonderful outlook on all things ,.......Hmmmmm....? Maybe some winning lotto numbers would top off this interesting but humble life of mine..!

All I got to do is gain some healthy weight back and honestly , I,m good to go.!

I see there are not many regrets...? That is some kind of paradigm..!

Last edited by dango; 04-22-2013 at 04:43 AM.
boatme98 Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #24

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

My past has made me who I am and I would change very few things. The only thing I would change is how I reacted when my closest female friend(one of the closest friends I have ever had)decided to start dating some other guy instead of me. I handled it poorly. We are no longer talking and I miss my old friend.

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #25

Liked 383 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Had the opportunity of attending West Point and passed on it. Shouldn't have.
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #26

Liked 695 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I think this is an important question, but not for now. For better or worse, we are where we are.Pretend you are asking yourself the same question 10 or 20 years from now. what are you going to wish you had done different, who are you going to say you would have treated differently, or loved more. Or what are you going to say i wish i would have taken the time to do that, or i wish i would have slowed things down and really enjoyed that..? Well...your in luck..REWIND...you have the chance..starting NOW.
I'm Lucky.... Being 10+ years as a cancer survivor I feel that second chance has been given to me. I tell everybody exactly how I feel about them and I really don't sweat the small stuff (you know... work, traffic etc) and really enjoy the important things (family, my dogs, being away from work... etc).... The upside is that I've re-connected with my two younger brothers and I'm rebuilding a great relationship with both of them. I just hope I still have 10 to 20 more good years left in me... If not, I can still die happy knowing I at least tried to be the best person I could be every day I wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
I said I would never become my father...

Well, it's not a totally bad thing I haven't done everything he did. Sometimes for the better and sometimes maybe that backfired and I should have followed his lead.

I refuse to live in woulda, coulda, shoulda. If I screwed up or made a bad decision, learn from it, move on, and pass the wisdom along.
In all honesty... I AM my father. Sometimes when I'm talking to my 11 year old I open my mouth and my father's voice comes out ... how the hell that happened I don't know... But I won't look a gift horse in the mouth when it comes to his wisdom.
As for the "screwing up" thing... I say this to everyone and anyone who knew me back in the 80's... "I'm sorry." I really didn't like the person I was back them too much, but if I was perfect I would have had 12 guys following me around hanging on my every word and a major religion named after me.... and I'm not sure I can handle that much pressure!!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2806 Times on 1634 Posts
Likes Given: 1631

At 53 years old, I'm still too busy looking forward, to stew on missed opportunities.

That's a fool's game.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

dango Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #28

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 788

... I wouldnt of bought my spiffy modern Cadillac.. (I coulda been halfway to a DeLorean, and probably had one by now... )

Thats it!

People Like This 
Old 04-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

Life's all about the choices we make. Ole George sings about this:
http://youtu.be/BQMI7TksYo0Sometimes I think my 9 years in the military was a bad idea. Other times I know it made me grow. One thing I do know, we are not always in charge of our destiny like we think we are.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5714 Times on 3230 Posts
Likes Given: 5146

I guess I wouldn't change much.

When I look back at my life, I realize that I didn't really make any of the "major"decisions myself.

It's easy to say I should have re-enlisted, but I would not have met my wife of 42 years. and my son would not have been born.

When I regret not finishing college, I realize that if I had, I would not have "been there" to save the life of a child.

I guess the power that makes the important decisions in this world knows what He's doing.

Winston Churchill
People Like This