The "if I had it to do over" thread - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The "if I had it to do over" thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Default Do overs...

1. I would have been a better friend to a certain guy I knew in High School when he really needed it....
2. I would have appreciated the two genuises I was in a punk band with back in the 80's a LOT more than I did....
3. I would have finished college when I was younger.

Other than that.... I'm a pretty happy guy.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 AM   #12

Liked 4545 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Everything.... And nothing.

I'd redo everything, but im the person I am today because of the mistakes I made.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

dango Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 AM   #13

Liked 1654 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777 View Post
I'd buy as much gold as I could afford at $100 an ounce.
When I was a kid, it was $32.00 an ounce for years. The dollar was worth a lot more.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

dango Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #14

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I would NEVER get married (although this is a tough one since I love my kids so much but if I never got married, I never would have had them) I would have studied to be a veterinarian. If I had known, I would have invested heavily in Microsoft stocks as soon as they were available!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

dango Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #15

Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

I think this is an important question, but not for now. For better or worse, we are where we are.Pretend you are asking yourself the same question 10 or 20 years from now. what are you going to wish you had done different, who are you going to say you would have treated differently, or loved more. Or what are you going to say i wish i would have taken the time to do that, or i wish i would have slowed things down and really enjoyed that..? Well...your in luck..REWIND...you have the chance..starting NOW.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #16

Liked 4545 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

^^^ scratch that...

If I had it to do over again, I would have moved to Ohio and gone to nursing school.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would have went away to college instead of going locally. I would have stayed in my old school District or I would have taken the job with Metra. Those things sound great in theory but would totally change my life today. Could make it better, could make it worse. I'm laying next to a wonderful man right now so those things are here nor there. If I wouldn't end up with him, I wouldn't want to change a thing.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:33 AM   #18

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
I think this is an important question, but not for now. For better or worse, we are where we are.Pretend you are asking yourself the same question 10 or 20 years from now. what are you going to wish you had done different, who are you going to say you would have treated differently, or loved more. Or what are you going to say i wish i would have taken the time to do that, or i wish i would have slowed things down and really enjoyed that..? Well...your in luck..REWIND...you have the chance..starting NOW.
Agreed..!

This is definitely a loaded question.. If I could do those things again knowing what I know now I probably would change much if anything, as I have a beautiful daughter who I wouldn't trade for anything..
If I didn't know what I do now, idk if I'd change anything either as their would be no basis for change and even the dumbest stuff I've done mostly seemed like a good idea the time..
Maybe I'd spend more time with friends and family I've lost prematurely but even that extra time spent with them would disrupt what I have now, knowing my luck..
Morale if this for me, is to enjoy everyday.. Good or bad as everyday shoes who we are

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #19
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I said I would never become my father...

Well, it's not a totally bad thing I haven't done everything he did. Sometimes for the better and sometimes maybe that backfired and I should have followed his lead.

I refuse to live in woulda, coulda, shoulda. If I screwed up or made a bad decision, learn from it, move on, and pass the wisdom along.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #20

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Everything I've done or had happen led me to where I am. I'm pretty happy with the way my life is. Could it be better, sure, more money or time home, but what I have I hold dear. I am thankful for what I have, from my experiences and sweat and hands, I have built my life. I have an amazing wife whom I love dearly, a precious daughter and another child on the way.

Life was crazy and full of ups and downs, hardships I'm sure that would be better than some and worse than others. It's molded me into whom I'm proud to be. I long to make mistakes in my future, not to say what if. I refuse to arrive at death full of regret and sorrow for what I could have changed. I just strap in and enjoy the ride.

For now I will focus on slowing things down. The last 5 years have flown by.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

dango Likes This