If the FBI breaks

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > If the FBI breaks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default If the FBI breaks

If the FBI breaks your door down do they have to pay for it?

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2008, 03:20 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

think if they break ya door down you got more to worry bout then if there gonna pay for it

Old 01-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
think if they break ya door down you got more to worry bout then if there gonna pay for it
I think it's going to be they that have to worry about carrying out their casualties.

Member GCO

Old 01-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculker View Post
If the FBI breaks your door down do they have to pay for it?
Their next of kin will need to pay my estate.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:37 AM   #5
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Nope. There was a case where this single mother of two living in an apartment got her door kicked in and the entire place teargassed. The Police thought a fugitive was in there but they were wrong. Her entire apartment was covered in toxic material from all the gas and they didn't offer to help. Pretty much said your SOL deal with it.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Nope. There was a case where this single mother of two living in an apartment got her door kicked in and the entire place teargassed. The Police thought a fugitive was in there but they were wrong. Her entire apartment was covered in toxic material from all the gas and they didn't offer to help. Pretty much said your SOL deal with it.
I can vouch for that. Because our SWAT team is only called out for felony crimes, a detective would be called out as well, for any followup investigation that would be needed. I hated doing those, because that tear gas really screws up a house / apartment, and I had to go inside after the SWAT guys cleared it, to investigate. The gas / powder permiates your clothing, hair, lungs, you-name-it. When we were done, and if there was no family or owner to release the house to, we'd simply board it up and A-M-F. If a claim was made against the city, it would be denied and sometimes wind up in court.

I was dusting for fingerprints once, spreading a liberal amount of black graphite in a house. The lady of the house (crime victim) told me she'd rather have a fire than a burglary. When I asked her why she said; "The firemen at least clean up after themselves."

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved