Idiots on motorcycles - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Idiots on motorcycles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Same reason I think anti-smoking and anti-gun laws are evil. It is all about personal responsibility. I do think that it should be left to the insurance companies to decide whether they wish to pay if your on a bike not wearing a helmet and you injure yourself whether they pay the bill or not... its all about choice.

I just think that it shouldn't be a fine levied by the state. It is none of the state's business whether your an idiot or not. But it istotally the business of the people covering your risk monetarily.
Fair 'nuff.. I don't agree, but I can see where you're coming from

Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #32

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I agree with JonM as well. You can't legislate intelligence or lack thereof. I see helmet laws being as useless as most gun laws. If folks are going to be stupid - let them be stupid and the laws of natural selection will take hold.

And yes, I always wear a helmet...

Old 04-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #33

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well at least there is not a national helmet law. Here in Texas you can ride with or without a brain bucket, your choice. And where the heck are the cops when these crotch rockets go zippin by me doing 100 to 110? I do just 80 and I get nailed.Now that's not fair.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 04-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #34

Liked 795 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Jester, even you have to admit that some antics pulled on the street are better done on the track.
I just believe that the street should not be a practice area for the track.
those are my videos but I do agree. The bolk of the crap my friends and I pull on the street shouldn't be done there. But a track day runs $120 to $200 per day, plus travel, plus $250 to to $350 for a set of tires. And the cost of racing only goes up from there.
I only hit the track a few times a year anymore, but we have to get our fix somewhere in between the track laps. And there's no feeling in the world any better.
It's fun and really not too unsafe if you keep your wits about you and use your head on when and were you open it up like in the videos.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
those are my videos but I do agree. The bolk of the crap my friends and I pull on the street shouldn't be done there. But a track day runs $120 to $200 per day, plus travel, plus $250 to to $350 for a set of tires. And the cost of racing only goes up from there.
I only hit the track a few times a year anymore, but we have to get our fix somewhere in between the track laps. And there's no feeling in the world any better.
It's fun and really not too unsafe if you keep your wits about you and use your head on when and were you open it up like in the videos.
Word of advice, don't start a hobby you can't afford.

While you & your buddies MAY be safe & considerate, most of the street racers I've seen are complete idiots. I can't tell you how many times I've had one of these clowns weave in front of me at 100+ MPH and clear my front fender by inches. What chaps my ass is it gives all bike riders a black eye by the public at large and makes it even more unsafe to ride. Justify it however you want - it's seriously illegal and plain stupid in my humble opinion...

Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #36

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester
but we have to get our fix somewhere in between the track laps
Using that logic, drunks have every right to drive drunk. Sorry, both are illegal, period the end.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 04-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #37

Liked 795 Times on 424 Posts
Likes Given: 50

I'm okay with that.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #38

Several months before I left Active Duty my buddy and I went to town to get some lunch. In through the traffic comes some dip**** private weaving and riding like a moron. So we followed him and when he stopped so did we.

Ended up taking his keys and told him to walk his ass back to post. We had lunch and went and gave the keys to his 1SG, who was not pleased with the young tard.

Last edited by gruntpain1775; 04-12-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #39

Old Grunt posting in this one reminds me of one reason why the young idiots really do piss me off. At every gate at Ft Stewart there is a flashing sign that always displays:

"It's been __ days since our last fatal accident."

That number resets all to often at this time of year when the young fools mount their crotch rockets again...

Old 04-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #40

Yes it does. If I were the man in charge I would restrict bikes from being on post unless you were above a certain rank or age. But then again, If I were in charge everyone below the rank of E-5 would be restricted to post period.