Idiots on motorcycles - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Idiots on motorcycles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

What blows me away is seeing a super bike pilot in shorts,no shirt and flip flops. If I was a kamikaze bee I know what I'd target.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 04-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The formation of 3 "kids" on crotch rockets that blew by me on I-95 in Savannah were probably doing at least 120 and they were scooting between cars and just riding stupidly.
Indeed. These turds are either racing, doing 130-160 mph, weaving in and out of traffic, or passing me on one wheel and staying up for a mile or so down the road. Where's a damn pothole when ya need one?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #13

I want to make a run of bumper stickers "watch for cars"(in place of the watch for motorcycle bumper stickers) and go around putting them on peoples crotch rockets .

If going to cruise around at 120mph in traffic fine but you better be watching for me because seeing you is no longer my problem.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #14

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I was coming back from SC yesterday afternoon and since it was a nice day I ran into two types of folks riding bikes:

1. The old farts on Harleys & Goldwings that cruise in the fast lane at 10 MPH under the speed limit.

2. The young idiots on crotch rockets that weave in and out of lanes at well over 100 MPH.

Does either of these groups of idiots realize that they make life difficult for those of us that ride in a reasonable fashion? It's no wonder that so many auto drivers have no respect for bike riders...
The stupid, they are destined to wind up in the obituary of social Darwinism. (Unless the Gub-o-mint saves them.)

Hey ktmboyz, what's your take on this thread?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 04-11-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think the idiots weaving like there is no tomorrow are the greatest danger, but to people in cars how great of a danger are they? I'd love to see some statistics I would think that it'd be the bikers coming out on the bum end of that deal. It is not my responsibility to watch out for you going 130mph down the highway, you hit the bumper of my suburban not my fault. Though I am very cautious whenever around them, I'm scared for them!

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Last edited by 2hot2handle; 04-11-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My KLR650 has half the HP of a similar displacement Crotch Rocket - helps keep us older riders out of trouble, and I can go where the Rocket Jockeys cannot even dream of going.
I once nearly got nailed by a silly college girl in a Nissan zooming into me from a side street - she didn't even look to see if traffic was coming! I dodged the fool. Two weeks later a Rocket Jockey wearing a T-shirt and shorts was wheelying right in the same place during lunch hour rush! Had that girl been there again, he'd have become 'street pizza' real quick.....

Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used to that kid on the sport bike flying all over. Then, when I got a little money, I bought a harley, now I fly that all over. I thought it'd slow me down.

I saw that people were worried, so I said to them and to their leaders and officials, "Don't be afraid of our enemies. Remember how great and terrifying the Lord is, and fight for your relatives, your children, your wives, and your homes." - Nehemiah 4:14
You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #18

A couple of days ago, near Seattle, a "rocket rider" hit a car head-on. They estimate his speed in excess of 100 mph. From the pics on the news, the forks and handle bars seem to imbedded in what was left of the small car, the rest of the bike was just a jumbled mess of metal and plastic laying in the street.
Of course he died, they said he was late 20's, or early 30's. The car driver had minor injuries.
I have never rode a "rocket", now ride a Harley, and I ride reasonably , and enjoy the ride, ...but then,...I'm an old fart....

Old 04-12-2011, 01:05 AM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a Kawasaki Z1000, and like Dave said, it's capable of 140+. And in my younger days, I'd have seen just what that "+" amounted to. But I find that as I approach 40 (years old, not MPH ) I'm just not as worried about what the "+" adds up to. I'm content just plugging along at the speed limit or a tick over, whatever lets me outpace traffic a little bit. Now that's not to say that I don't enjoy the occasional run up the canyon at a spirited pace, just not quite as spirited as it used to be.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #20

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Back when I was young and cool I rode all kinds of bikes. I was never the type to zip in and out of traffic but I"m a little paranoid of card not seeing me then changing lanes when next to me. So I always gave the same distances as I do in a car now. When I wanted to really open it up there's always some deserted place to do things liek that. Everyplace has at least one of these places.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson