Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Idiots on motorcycles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default Idiots on motorcycles

I was coming back from SC yesterday afternoon and since it was a nice day I ran into two types of folks riding bikes:

1. The old farts on Harleys & Goldwings that cruise in the fast lane at 10 MPH under the speed limit.

2. The young idiots on crotch rockets that weave in and out of lanes at well over 100 MPH.

Does either of these groups of idiots realize that they make life difficult for those of us that ride in a reasonable fashion? It's no wonder that so many auto drivers have no respect for bike riders...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #2

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

You must of been passing through Radcliff.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1522 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

The problem with the HD (and other) cruiser crowds is that the speedometer is not as accurate as the car or truck. My cruiser has a known 5mph error at 55.

The young crotch crowd are the ones who went through the MSF course (if they are lucky) and think they know how to ride. The wanna-be racers! But put them on a track and they would have the azzes given back to them and then some.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the same 5mph error. At 70 I'm actually doing 65. There is also the fact that 55mph is a much more pleasurable ride. At least it is in my opinion. That's probably the old fart in me.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry5081 View Post
I have the same 5mph error. At 70 I'm actually doing 65. There is also the fact that 55mph is a much more pleasurable ride. At least it is in my opinion. That's probably the old fart in me.
No problem with cruising below the speed limit - just don't do it in the fast lane...

Old 04-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #6

Likes Given: 2

Its about time to get my Motorcycle out of the garage.
I hope I never cause any issues while riding, I normally use the city streets, Rarely do I get on the Interstate, But I have an old Honda CB350F so speed can be an issue at times.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well I don't. I ride in the granny lane. But I do know what you mean. Most of us older folks like the secondary roads as well. You can have the interstates. Too many crazies there.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Last edited by hogrider; 04-11-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1522 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry5081 View Post
Well I don't. I ride in the granny lane. But I do know what you mean. Most of us older folks like the secondary roads as well. You can have the interstates. Too many crazies there.
...driving cars and complaining about motorcycles.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #9

The young idiots on crotch rockets are worse. They give sport bikes a bad rep.

The young idiots on crotch rockets are why my mother is terrified of the thought of me on a motorcycle. My dad rides a lot though. I want to get a little 250cc Ninja just to get to and from campus next year, but it would give my mother a heart attack, so I'm still up in the air on whether or not to get one this summer.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #10

I ride a 1000cc sport bike (Yamaha FZ1), but I ride like a normal person. Yes, the bike will do 140+ even with my big old ass on it but I see no need to do so. The formation of 3 "kids" on crotch rockets that blew by me on I-95 in Savannah were probably doing at least 120 and they were scooting between cars and just riding stupidly. I was kind of surprised that I didn't see them either smashed up or stopped by the law - but there they were in Hinesville when I got there (probably young soldier types)...