Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I'd like your input!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2452 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

Default I'd like your input!

I was up in the Pocono Mts., scouting for turkey season today (Wed. 4/24/13). I came out of the woods and stopped to get a sandwich at about 2 pm. As I walked into the store, I noticed a car parked out front, with a dude sitting in it with the car running, listening to music. I ordered my sandwich and had left my wallet and sidearm locked in my car, I had not bought a CC holster with me.

As I walked back into the store after retrieving my wallet, I noticed the dude and a young woman sitting in the car doing a drug transaction (him to her) white powder. I notified the business owner of the situation and recommended that she not interfere at this point, but next time call the police and not to try to be a hero. They both drove off before i got done talking to the owner. Since it was her business, I left it to her to decide how she wanted to handle it in the future.

What would you have done?

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #2

Liked 85 Times on 65 Posts

Thats what cell phones are made for

Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5837 Times on 3189 Posts
Likes Given: 11052

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust

Nothing....

No offense and none taken

Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #4

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Nothing. Who cares? Her or his money, their body. Let them do what they want.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #5

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

You should get your CCW and patrol the streets for people who skydive, race cars, take up dangerous sports, and undercook their chicken...

Oh wait, of all those dangerous activities only 'drugz' have been deemed unfit for our society by some inept incompetent government agency.

Yay 'Mercia.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #6

Liked 1058 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1071

Nothing................ain`t none of my business................as long as they don`t f with me.

When all else fails.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19595 Times on 11123 Posts
Likes Given: 49334

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I was up in the Pocono Mts., scouting for turkey season today (Wed. 4/24/13). I came out of the woods and stopped to get a sandwich at about 2 pm. As I walked into the store, I noticed a car parked out front, with a dude sitting in it with the car running, listening to music. I ordered my sandwich and had left my wallet and sidearm locked in my car, I had not bought a CC holster with me.

As I walked back into the store after retrieving my wallet, I noticed the dude and a young woman sitting in the car doing a drug transaction (him to her) white powder. I notified the business owner of the situation and recommended that she not interfere at this point, but next time call the police and not to try to be a hero. They both drove off before i got done talking to the owner. Since it was her business, I left it to her to decide how she wanted to handle it in the future.

i think you handles it exactly as it should have been. if the owner of the business wants to allow drug deals to go down in her parking lot, then so be it.
wizard63 Likes This 
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 AM   #8
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

While I think our drug control policy has problems, you did the right thing. The only thing else might be write down the plate number and give it to the police.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #9

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

I agree. Plates with a description. Let them do their drugs, but keep it out of the public.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #10
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 7207

You handled it the same way I would. If it doesn't directly affect me or mine, let the property owner decide what to do.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?