Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ichiro got traded to NY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default Ichiro got traded to NY

NY bought him today and NY is in Seattle tonight and tomorrow. The game is on right now with Ichiro in the NY uniform for the first time. This morning he was a Mariner and tonight he is a Yankee playing in Seattle.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

We have been saying he would look good in pinstripes for years.

We were at the game last night and only heard about the trade about 2 hours before we headed out. It was a shock to us, as loyal Yankees fans, but with Brett Gardner on the shelf for the rest of the season and Nick Swisher coming up on the end of his contract, I think Steinbrenner Inc was 'covering their bases' just in case.

Ichiro got a HUGE standing ovation from the Seattle and Yankee fans at his first plate appearance last night. He took his helmet off and bowed very deeply and very respectfully to all four corners of the park, then waved and smiled. Then he proceeded to rip a single to right.

I have always thought he was one of the best lead off men in baseball but there was no way he would ever get a ring while in Seattle. Now at least after 12 seasons (11 of which he rountinely got thumped and was out of contention by August 1st) he has a real chance to secure a ring.

I'll be rooting for him to get one, and for the Yanks to get number 28 in the process.

Suck it Boston!!

JD

Old 07-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #3

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

While I love Suzuki, he has really fallen off the pace this year. Hopefully some good bats around him in the rotation will mean he gets some better pitches to look at but I wouldnt be so sure he simply hasnt reached his limit.

He MIGHT make a decent utility man for the Yanks...

Oh, by the way, GO INDIANS!!!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #4

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
We have been saying he would look good in pinstripes for years.

We were at the game last night and only heard about the trade about 2 hours before we headed out. It was a shock to us, as loyal Yankees fans, but with Brett Gardner on the shelf for the rest of the season and Nick Swisher coming up on the end of his contract, I think Steinbrenner Inc was 'covering their bases' just in case.

Ichiro got a HUGE standing ovation from the Seattle and Yankee fans at his first plate appearance last night. He took his helmet off and bowed very deeply and very respectfully to all four corners of the park, then waved and smiled. Then he proceeded to rip a single to right.

I have always thought he was one of the best lead off men in baseball but there was no way he would ever get a ring while in Seattle. Now at least after 12 seasons (11 of which he rountinely got thumped and was out of contention by August 1st) he has a real chance to secure a ring.

I'll be rooting for him to get one, and for the Yanks to get number 28 in the process.

Suck it Boston!!

JD
Well now, there THAT is... Mariners fans showed a ton of class, as well as Ichiro AND, the Seattle catcher (whose name escapes me...) who went to the mound for no good reason other than to give the man time to show his respects, gave me chills...

I just had to respond the the suck it Boston comment, as apparently we will continue to do just that (effing Bobby V, now HE can suck it! )...Of course I'll never be able to debate baseball with a Yank me fan as the conversation would go a lot like this...

Me-Yankees suck
Yankee fan-SCOREBOARD!!!

That's all she wrote...

Gotta show support for my team...yankees suck!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #5

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Ichiro is a great all around player. It is sad that after all those great seasons he had, he would have to leave the team that he came into this league with. Too bad they didn't have better teams in Seattle for Ichiro. Hopefully he turns this season around.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I just had to respond the the suck it Boston comment, as apparently we will continue to do just that (effing Bobby V, now HE can suck it! )...Of course I'll never be able to debate baseball with a Yank me fan as the conversation would go a lot like this...

Me-Yankees suck
Yankee fan-SCOREBOARD!!!

That's all she wrote...

Gotta show support for my team...yankees suck!
Vincent, I love you man! You always make me split a side when I read your snarky posts. That one was world class right there, I damn near choked on my water.

Bobby V?!?! What was the braintrust in Boston thinking? The guy was languishing in Japan (and pissing people off THERE) for crying out loud!

The rest of the league didn't want to touch him, but those guys railroaded Francona (who we Yankees fans actually admired and respected) out of town to bring him back? Sweet Jesus....

In a slight correction the argument would go more like this.

Vincent - Yankees Suck, Yankees SUCK!

Me - Do these 27 rings look gawdy? Do you guys need any light or some scraps of chow down there in the basement?

I'd reiterate how much Boston sucks - but picking on the handicapped & incapable is no way to go through life. LOL

JD