I wish "they" made... - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I wish "they" made...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
woody63m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 721
Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Default

A lever action rifle chambered in 50 AE or 500 mag

__________________
woody63m is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 88
Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider

Okay Trez, in that case, a Jeep Wrangler pickup with a diesel engine
A diesel wrangler PICKUP!!!
__________________
rman598 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:20 AM   #73
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 88
Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

Default

image-3366010545.jpg

... :d
__________________
rman598 is offline  
stratrider Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #74
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,282
Liked 960 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

The old jeep J20 pickup. We could bury fords, chevys, dodges, and that go@##$ned jeep would crawl through the muck and drag out whatever was stuck. The only fear was that it would break in half from the rust before it pulled you out, it never did. My buddies older brother drove it until it literally rusted apart.

__________________
F4U is offline  
stratrider Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:31 AM   #75
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,604
Liked 2512 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 1958

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
A lever action rifle chambered in 50 AE or 500 mag
Yeah, I've got a DE44, and a Marlin 1894, and the same

thought, about the 50AE, has come to mind.

Not that I'd buy one.
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #76
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,672
Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Since Trez changed the dynamic I will vote for an entry level small pickup truck (Think like the Ford Ranger size) with a plug-in diesel-electric hybrid drivetrain.

By entry-level I mean something that has the basics and no luxury BS. Hand crank-up windows, maybe a basic radio and AC is a dealer-added accessory. None of this GPS BS. Just a damn truck to use for work.

I would even settle for one of the Australian Ford Falcon "Utes" with a plug-in electric hybrid powertrain.
Why cant we have those here??!! I would so rock one of those!!

I like the mileage of a small car, but I would rather have a bed than a back seat!


I think im gonna start looking for a Brat, I really like my Rampage, but 4wd makes everything better!
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #77
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,024
Liked 8313 Times on 4805 Posts
Likes Given: 10774

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Why cant we have those here??!! I would so rock one of those!!

I like the mileage of a small car, but I would rather have a bed than a back seat!


I think im gonna start looking for a Brat, I really like my Rampage, but 4wd makes everything better!
I call those Utes a "pickup car". I have a 1964 Ranchero that one day I hope to bring back to life. When I had it running with the 200 ci straight six and a one barrel carb it was getting about 28 MPG. I wonder what it would get with a 4BT Cummins in it? It would also make a perfect platform for an electric conversion.

Many years ago a friend of mine had a Brat. That thing was great fun and pretty economical IIRC, but the engines are not known for reliablility.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #78
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,672
Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I call those Utes a "pickup car". I have a 1964 Ranchero that one day I hope to bring back to life. When I had it running with the 200 ci straight six and a one barrel carb it was getting about 28 MPG. I wonder what it would get with a 4BT Cummins in it? It would also make a perfect platform for an electric conversion.

Many years ago a friend of mine had a Brat. That thing was great fun and pretty economical IIRC, but the engines are not known for reliablility.
Really? you got that kind of millage??!

I seen a 50's IH 4x4 pickup ( I think a 3/4 ton) for sale locally, it has a one bbl carb and a straight 6, What kind of MPGs do you think that would get?

heres the ad....
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4136396745.html
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.

Last edited by Trez; 12-10-2013 at 01:39 AM. Reason: added link
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #79
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,024
Liked 8313 Times on 4805 Posts
Likes Given: 10774

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Really? you got that kind of millage??!

I seen a 50's IH 4x4 pickup ( I think a 3/4 ton) for sale locally, it has a one bbl carb and a straight 6, What kind of MPGs do you think that would get?

heres the ad....
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4136396745.html
Does it really matter how many MPG it would get? Really? Dang man I don't know why you haven't already bought it!!! That is one cool truck. My guess would be that it would get decent mileage though compared to modern trucks. Maybe 15-20 MPG. It is heavy and the 4WD doesn't help in that area for sure, plus having the aerodynamics of a dairy barn doesn't help either.

My Ranchero is very light weight and not very fast, which lends itself to driving conservatively. That may be why it got such good mileage. It also doesn't have a single bit of smog equipment on it which tends to sap the mileage.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jimogden1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 863
Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post

Really? you got that kind of millage??!

I seen a 50's IH 4x4 pickup ( I think a 3/4 ton) for sale locally, it has a one bbl carb and a straight 6, What kind of MPGs do you think that would get?

heres the ad....
http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4136396745.html
Buy it! That trucks awesome
__________________
jimogden1984 is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
How to "Ghost Load" or "Carrier Load" or "Float a Round" a Shotgun Amsdorf General Shotgun Discussion 19 02-21-2014 05:35 AM
"Farmers' Almanac" predicts a "bitterly cold" winter Bigcountry02 The Club House 39 01-30-2014 04:24 AM
How can "deadbeats" be made to pay for any medical treatment they receive? orangello Politics, Religion and Controversy 63 11-04-2013 06:21 PM
Original to "Made Under License" danf_fl General Handgun Discussion 6 01-17-2013 08:30 AM
Henry Rifles "Made in America" cameronguyton The Club House 1 10-26-2009 01:45 AM