Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I want... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-want-78575/)

Mosin 12-16-2012 05:24 AM

I want...

I want this to get out and someone with video skills to do this.
I'd like a videographer to make a short documentary entitled 'I stopped a mass shooting'
That interviews the numerous counts of CCW holders who stopped a mass shooting. That let's them explain what they saw and how they stopped it, with facts sprinkled through the short video.

Then when people call for gun bans, we could just point to that video and demand a ban on gun free zones.

silverado113 12-16-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1053372)
I want this to get out and someone with video skills to do this.
I'd like a videographer to make a short documentary entitled 'I stopped a mass shooting'
That interviews the numerous counts of CCW holders who stopped a mass shooting. That let's them explain what they saw and how they stopped it, with facts sprinkled through the short video.

Then when people call for gun bans, we could just point to that video and demand a ban on gun free zones.

The anti gunners will just ignore it and lie.

HOSSFLY 12-16-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113 (Post 1053470)
The anti gunners will just ignore it and lie.

True, theres already one out i saw yesterday that "proved" that even if there were several armed with a CCW it would have not or would not change anything- Guess the anti gun fuks are prepared? :confused:

kycol 12-16-2012 12:36 PM

Well I'm so ashamed of myself I actually gave into an anti gun nut last night. He said were do you draw the line should we be able to own tanks or nukes. And I told him I would actually agree to a law banning nukes.

trip286 12-16-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kycol (Post 1053507)
Well I'm so ashamed of myself I actually gave into an anti gun nut last night. He said were do you draw the line should we be able to own tanks or nukes. And I told him I would actually agree to a law banning nukes.

I wouldn't. I look at it this way, if the common man had all the same armaments as government, then the governments may do away with their own nukes so that they could legislate us into not having them.

I say, unrestrict nukes for a nuke free world!!

There's probably some seriously flawed logic in there somewhere.

HOSSFLY 12-16-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1053521)
I wouldn't. I look at it this way, if the common man had all the same armaments as government, then the governments may do away with their own nukes so that they could legislate us into not having them.

I say, unrestrict nukes for a nuke free world!!

There's probably some seriously flawed logic in there somewhere.

What worries me is i understand your logic :o :D

Mosin 12-16-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kycol

I don't even answer that question. It's a red herring, designed to force you to capitulate to something outrageous, so they can point and say, 'SEE!!! You agree to SOME legislation!!!'
And if you say everyone should have nukes, they paint you as a gun nut wacko.

I've been asked this question. I simply respond...

'So you're pro-choice?'
... Then a mother should be able to abort her 25 year old son... Or do you agree to 'some legislation?'

Squawk 12-16-2012 02:54 PM

THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T LEGISLATE CRAZY

IF THE GOVERNMENT OUTLAWS GUNS, THE ONLY PEOPLE WITH GUNS WILL BE OUTLAWS

Ban Gun Free Zones 2012

HOSSFLY 12-16-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1053623)
I don't even answer that question. It's a red herring, designed to force you to capitulate to something outrageous, so they can point and say, 'SEE!!! You agree to SOME legislation!!!'

'So you're pro-choice?'
Quote:

Then a mother should be able to abort her 25 year old son...
Or do you agree to 'some legislation?'

I know several that should have been given that choice ;)

fmj 12-16-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1053623)

'So you're pro-choice?'
... Then a mother should be able to abort her 25 year old son... Or do you agree to 'some legislation?'

having raised teenagers...i now know WHY some species eat their young! :p