I wanna shoot
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I wanna shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1315 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default I wanna shoot

and can't find the time...

Between interviews for a new job (start tomorrow), working my old job, working on my daughters new house (foreclosure, and a cosmetic mess), and other issues, haven't had a chance to get out.

My FIL has a brand new 9mm shield that neither of us have shot, and I gave him 1,000 rounds for send through it!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3389 Times on 1940 Posts
Likes Given: 1453

I have found that my schedule would not allow me to shoot unless I put that on the schedule.

Set a date for you and FIL to go. Put it on the calendar (like a doctor's appointment) and do it.

Works for me.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #3

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

18 month old toddler, wife in nursing school, sick MIL, helping FIL rebuiled his houses foundation, and also in the market for a new job. I'm going next sunday and that'll be the first time in 2 months..

Finding the time is getting more difficult, but im bringing my wife this time and hoping that maybe if i can get her interested, then the opportunities will be more often.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #4

Liked 1436 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Nobody does anything at 3:00 AM. Take a stroll down Joseph Campau south of the Davison and I bet you can use up the majority of that 1K ammo!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1315 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Nobody does anything at 3:00 AM. Take a stroll down Joseph Campau south of the Davison and I bet you can use up the majority of that 1K ammo!
No kidding! That was the neighborhood I voluntarily drove through in the middle of the day and I wasn't carrying and regretted the route decision

We made some great progress on the house, and I may take thursday and friday off work... nothing is going on until next week, I got a lot of the admin stuff taken care of today.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #6

Liked 185 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I hear ya man, I work 3rd shift and sleep most of the day, I'm lucky to get to shoot once a month anymore I buy some ammo every pay check I have a lot of it just haven't had the time!

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 225 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 156

It's been over a week for me, jones'n, am 4 days past the waiting period on a new 22/45 I haven't picked up yet! In the past, I have scheduled an off day on pick up day! Flight leaving at 6:30am tomorrow, will pick it up on Saturday when I get back, take out of the box, load, shoot, repeat.