I wan away from home..!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I wan away from home..!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3396 Times on 1908 Posts
Likes Given: 19152

Default I wan away from home..!

Yeap , I wan away from home all wight..! I know of a whimsical place on Cather's Run , a little trout stream deep in the forest.! The place is like out of some fictional days of Lore , elves , fairies , the whole deal.! Too beautiful to put in words , but , I shall try.! There is a small water fall which forms a large deep pool . If not for the sound of falling water to betray it's presents , one would never know it's existence . Hidden by a grove of accident Hemlocks and Mountain Laurel , the getting to it is a bit obscure , a game trail more or less
And quite invisible to the untrained eye.!
Rather thick and hidden..! Sometimes crawling , sometimes climbing over laurel thickets..! Once through the thickets , it opens to a post card surreal landscape.!
I can not find the words , like trying to describe the most beautiful woman your eyes have ever beheld.!

The landscape tells of it's age and the extremes in weather trends it had been through.! Erosion , snows , floods , it's all there , it's biography..! You can actually read the water line , the scars it left on the defenselessness against the forces of nature and water.! In this one particular place , the water and it's never ending attack upon the earth left some unique geological features..!

Now , I have not been to this place in some 25+ years or so , so the changes left me speechless..! The last time I'd been there , on the North Bank jutted a very large rock , the size of perhaps a five story building , 36,000 sq.ft..! This rock was so large , I'd set my camp on it's surface and dive into the pool from it.!
A (HUMONGUS) rock..! Now , this rock has eroded and fallen into the stream now barely visible ..! WOW..!

This paradise is a place I would go to when I didn't want to be bothered , too. Far in for trout fishermen to get out before dark , freedom , solitude , absolute nature at it's finest..! I have returned home to PM some very special and get more ammo , lots of ammo..! While. I'm home , I'll take a hot shower and eat something good...Hmmmm..? A cream filled doughnut..! I left everything there
But. My firearms . I REALY doubt any one would find my camp , but won't leave any weapons lying about..!

I will take some pics but no way can I capture the depth and beauty of such a place .! Don't know how long I'll be gone , as long as I feel like I guess..!
You all take care and stay healthy and I'll chime in when I return.!

I'll take you all with me..! See Yaa..!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well , I'm going to take a little nap , check back here , (FTF) and head back out
So as to get there before dark..! Would not want to navigate that in the dark , it's tricky enough in the day light..!

Hold the fort until my return and got good news . I've gained another. Six pounds and considering all things , I hurt but I should hurt . It's the price I pay for all the fun I had , so be it..! and it was fun really..!
Now starts a whole new adventure , and a special Thanks to the main man GOD !which ever one you have faith in ..! I thank him for for all the interesting and beautiful people and the wonderful planet he gave me to play on..!

10,000 + bonus points for women , (sigh) need I say more..?

Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9359 Times on 4035 Posts
Likes Given: 1472

ashley-goofing-011.jpg

Got my own spot like that. On the Appalachian Trail. Real shy native trout- babies like to go after crumbs from lunch.

Share that with my shooting buddy- ashley-goofing-015.jpg

Stay safe. Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky.
ashley-goofing-014.jpg  

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 05-12-2013 at 06:27 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Sounds like a great place. Enjoy.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #5

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Sounds like...
...one of my favorites.

brussel-sprouts-nor-liver.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Yeap , I wan away from home all wight..! I know of a whimsical place on Cather's Run , a little trout stream deep in the forest.! The place is like out of some fictional days of Lore , elves , fairies , the whole deal.! Too beautiful to put in words , but , I shall try.! There is a small water fall which forms a large deep pool . If not for the sound of falling water to betray it's presents , one would never know it's existence . Hidden by a grove of accident Hemlocks and Mountain Laurel , the getting to it is a bit obscure , a game trail more or less
And quite invisible to the untrained eye.!
Rather thick and hidden..! Sometimes crawling , sometimes climbing over laurel thickets..! Once through the thickets , it opens to a post card surreal landscape.!
I can not find the words , like trying to describe the most beautiful woman your eyes have ever beheld.!

The landscape tells of it's age and the extremes in weather trends it had been through.! Erosion , snows , floods , it's all there , it's biography..! You can actually read the water line , the scars it left on the defenselessness against the forces of nature and water.! In this one particular place , the water and it's never ending attack upon the earth left some unique geological features..!

Now , I have not been to this place in some 25+ years or so , so the changes left me speechless..! The last time I'd been there , on the North Bank jutted a very large rock , the size of perhaps a five story building , 36,000 sq.ft..! This rock was so large , I'd set my camp on it's surface and dive into the pool from it.!
A (HUMONGUS) rock..! Now , this rock has eroded and fallen into the stream now barely visible ..! WOW..!

This paradise is a place I would go to when I didn't want to be bothered , too. Far in for trout fishermen to get out before dark , freedom , solitude , absolute nature at it's finest..! I have returned home to PM some very special and get more ammo , lots of ammo..! While. I'm home , I'll take a hot shower and eat something good...Hmmmm..? A cream filled doughnut..! I left everything there
But. My firearms . I REALY doubt any one would find my camp , but won't leave any weapons lying about..!

I will take some pics but no way can I capture the depth and beauty of such a place .! Don't know how long I'll be gone , as long as I feel like I guess..!
You all take care and stay healthy and I'll chime in when I return.!

I'll take you all with me..! See Yaa..!
Pure magic in your writing, I can see that place in my mind's eye, Dango!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

dango Likes This 
Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Pure magic in your writing, I can see that place in my mind's eye, Dango!
Well , auh sh..sh..shucks and da..da..da..DARNIT , I gets all studdery when complimented , th..th..thanks..!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Sounds like...
...one of my favorites.
That would be the only thing it does not have , but it is an orgasm of spiritual
Nature..! I like the way you think..!

Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I spent a few months , from Port Clinton Pa. Just across the Georgia border .it was hard at times to stay on the trail because ATV's . I even got removed by the
Sheriffs department for "squatting" accidentally on private property , Eeeek.!

Thanks for the pictures C3shooter , I just love that stuff..! Only one thing I like
Better sometimes and that would be (Ladies)..! Again , one of the finer works of GOD..!

Old 05-13-2013, 02:56 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I blew it .! I should a left when I said I was going to.! It'll have to be tomorrow.,!
I started walking around the house and seeing her stuff all over the place . I'm not feeling so tough at the moment.! This has got to change , fix it or finish it.!
I need closure or something.!

How can one move on when things linger so.? I'm not handling it all the well either.! As hard as I try , it is extremely difficult to detach when everything is in limbo.! I could really use a drink or something right about now.

To all that have this loss , I feel your pain and know how empty one can feel !
Just lost and numb , Eeeeek.! So much for denial , down to reality , this is real .
respect to all that have gone through this I'm sure you've come out a better stronger person and do know love..! It is a wonderful experience and worth the pain.!

And so it begins , a new adventure and time to cast away some years of conditioning..! One step in front of the other ..! I!m willing to do whatever it takes to end this and we both need space and time to heal . There is a smile on my face and no anger , just a sense of loss..!

Thanks for your patients , it really helps to get it off my shoulders , nothing to hide and no fingers to point blame , the way it should be.!