Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I tried to pay my bill...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default I tried to pay my bill...

Please accept this spider as payment

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2009, 05:18 PM   #2

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

That's awesome, he's even smiling. Maybe I should have sent my auto insurance company on of those. We were waiting for my wife's check from work to come through before we paid our bill, it was like 2 days late, the first time it's ever been late and they cancelled our auto insurance. What an effing pile of crap, what happened to grace period, everybody has a grace period.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 02-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
That's awesome, he's even smiling. Maybe I should have sent my auto insurance company on of those. We were waiting for my wife's check from work to come through before we paid our bill, it was like 2 days late, the first time it's ever been late and they cancelled our auto insurance. What an effing pile of crap, what happened to grace period, everybody has a grace period.
My auto insurer has always cancelled the policy if payment wasn't made by the due date. I don't know if that means they won't reinstate it. What did they say?

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-22-2009, 02:50 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's funny! Not only did he get the person to keep responding to him he got about a week extra to pay the bill!

When I was in college I didn't have the money to pay a light bill so when the disconnect notice came I called them I explained that I had just put a check in the mail. I mailed them a check made out to sports illistrated. A week latter I got a letter in the mail from the electric company explaining my mistake. I called them right away and appoligized for my error and promised I would get a check in the mail promptly. It got me the extra two weeks I needed to get the money together.

I like the spider story better!

Old 02-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #5

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
My auto insurer has always cancelled the policy if payment wasn't made by the due date. I don't know if that means they won't reinstate it. What did they say?
They didn't say anything, they just cancelled it. Our independent agent made them reinstate it before we got there , she told them that we are good for it and are very rarely ever late for our bill. We really pisses me off the more I think about it is that they also charged us a $10 charge because it was late. So they charged me for something that I technically don't have.

I've always had a grace period with all the insurance companies I've been with and never had this problem. They also like to send us a cancellation notice two week before the bill is even due, so much for going green.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

im gunna have to try something like that to see if i can get the same reaction from someone

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 02-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
I've always had a grace period with all the insurance companies I've been with and never had this problem. They also like to send us a cancellation notice two week before the bill is even due, so much for going green.
Hmmm, that's interesting. As long as I can remember insurance companies where I've lived have never had a grace period. If you missed the payment by close of the business day it was due, you were automatically cancelled.

Perhaps states regulate this?

9x18=Makarov